Abandoning nvidia 340xx packages - does anyone want them?

Abandoning nvidia 340xx packages - does anyone want them?

Sven-Hendrik Haase
I do not have any devices which require me to run nvidia 340xx packages and
I haven't tested them for quite some time now. The most recent
nvidia devices which require 340xx because the regular nvidia package
dropped support for them are now 8-9 years old.

I'm not really sure there is merit in maintaining these so unless anyone
wants them I'll drop them to AUR in two weeks.

Re: Abandoning nvidia 340xx packages - does anyone want them?

arch dev mailing list
Em janeiro 29, 2018 16:37 Sven-Hendrik Haase escreveu:
> I do not have any devices which require me to run nvidia 340xx packages and
> I haven't tested them for quite some time now. The most recent
> nvidia devices which require 340xx because the regular nvidia package
> dropped support for them are now 8-9 years old.

I still have at least one machine with one of those.

> I'm not really sure there is merit in maintaining these so unless anyone
> wants them I'll drop them to AUR in two weeks.

I can adopt it, if you plan on dropping them.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini

Re: Abandoning nvidia 340xx packages - does anyone want them?

Muflone
My office PC has a NVIDIA GPU supported only by nvidia-340 drivers only.

I could help in maintaining the package or doing tests when needed.

Regards

Muflone

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Perdonate la brevità.

Re: Abandoning nvidia 340xx packages - does anyone want them?

Sven-Hendrik Haase
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 4:36 PM Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-dev-public <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Em janeiro 29, 2018 16:37 Sven-Hendrik Haase escreveu:
> > I do not have any devices which require me to run nvidia 340xx packages
> and
> > I haven't tested them for quite some time now. The most recent
> > nvidia devices which require 340xx because the regular nvidia package
> > dropped support for them are now 8-9 years old.
>
> I still have at least one machine with one of those.
>

> > I'm not really sure there is merit in maintaining these so unless anyone
> > wants them I'll drop them to AUR in two weeks.
> >

> I can adopt it, if you plan on dropping them.

I just orphaned them. You have to take lib32-nvidia-340xx-utils,
nvidia-340xx-utils and nvidia-340xx. Enjoy and thanks! Your first task is
to somehow make them build against kernel 4.15.

Em janeiro 30, 2018 23:03 Sven-Hendrik Haase escreveu:

> I just orphaned them. You have to take lib32-nvidia-340xx-utils,
> nvidia-340xx-utils and nvidia-340xx. Enjoy and thanks! Your first task is
> to somehow make them build against kernel 4.15.

Going to adopt all of them. Do you plan on keep maintaining the -lts version?

Jan mentioned that there is a patch for r8168 that I could try to adapt for the
nvidia driver. Presuming it's the same issue.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini