Adopting catdvi ccrypt emms gtypist pstotext tcc

Adopting catdvi ccrypt emms gtypist pstotext tcc

tur-users mailing list

I'd like to adopt the following packages and move them back to
community.

catdvi
ccrypt
emms
gtypist
pstotext
tcc

Considering they were already there, what is the recommended workflow to
restore them?

--
Pierre Neidhardt

Dirksen's Three Laws of Politics:
        (1) Get elected.
        (2) Get re-elected.
        (3) Don't get mad, get even.
                -- Sen. Everett Dirksen

Re: Adopting catdvi ccrypt emms gtypist pstotext tcc

tur-users mailing list
On 01/11/2018 08:15 AM, Pierre Neidhardt via aur-general wrote:

> I'd like to adopt the following packages and move them back to
> community.
>
> catdvi
> ccrypt
> emms
> gtypist
> pstotext
> tcc
>
> Considering they were already there, what is the recommended workflow to
> restore them?
I guess you could probably checkout all the old files from svn in one
go, and bump the pkgrel in case anyone has just installed it from the
AUR. *Is* there anything else that needs done?

I guess they don't need 10 votes since they used to be in community
until 6 days ago. :)

Re: Adopting catdvi ccrypt emms gtypist pstotext tcc

tur-users mailing list

That's what I assumed as well.

I'm no svn expert and with the centralized nature of the beast, I don't
feel like experimenting with the Arch repo... How do I "resurrect" the
old PKGBUILDs?

--
Pierre Neidhardt

- Henry Spencer, University of Toronto Unix hack

On 01/11/2018 09:15 AM, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:

> That's what I assumed as well.
>
> I'm no svn expert and with the centralized nature of the beast, I don't
> feel like experimenting with the Arch repo... How do I "resurrect" the
> old PKGBUILDs?

I'm no svn expert either :p but this should help, it is Official
Documentation™.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.html#svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.resurrect

Re: Adopting catdvi ccrypt emms gtypist pstotext tcc

tur-users mailing list

Thanks for the pointer.

I've used `svn merge -r $REV:$REV-1` to restore the files, then I went
on with the manual equivalent of `communitypkg`.

Not very scalable but it did the job for the six packages!

--
Pierre Neidhardt

He was a fiddler, and consequently a rogue.
                -- Jonathan Swift