Announcing another attempt at Arch Linux i586

Announcing another attempt at Arch Linux i586

Jens Pranaitis
Hello list,
we are currently working on (yet another) a i586 port of Arch Linux, we built
all of [core], most of [extra] (currently 8 packages are missing) and
[community] is built by demand. So if you are interested in seeing Arch Linux
on your i586 boxes, please checkout the website: http://archlinux-i586.org and
join us on irc://irc.freenode.net/#archlinux-i586

On behalf of the arch-i586 porters,
Jens

Re: Announcing another attempt at Arch Linux i586

Roman Kyrylych
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 20:45, Jens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello list,
> we are currently working on (yet another) a i586 port of Arch Linux, we built
> all of [core], most of [extra] (currently 8 packages are missing) and
> [community] is built by demand. So if you are interested in seeing Arch Linux
> on your i586 boxes, please checkout the website: http://archlinux-i586.org and
> join us on irc://irc.freenode.net/#archlinux-i586
>
> On behalf of the arch-i586 porters,

Who is in the team? Did you collaborate with maintainers of other i586 ports?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 11:07:09 Roman Kyrylych wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 20:45, Jens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello list,
> > we are currently working on (yet another) a i586 port of Arch Linux, we
> > built all of [core], most of [extra] (currently 8 packages are missing)
> > and [community] is built by demand. So if you are interested in seeing
> > Arch Linux on your i586 boxes, please checkout the website:
> > http://archlinux-i586.org and join us on
> > irc://irc.freenode.net/#archlinux-i586
> >
> > On behalf of the arch-i586 porters,
>
> Who is in the team? Did you collaborate with maintainers of other i586
>  ports?

Me, killajoe and ecraven. Xavery also contributed a lot, but he doesn't have a
machine to help out anymore. I chatted with some of the other i586 porters,
but none of them was interested in continuing their ports, however I did get
some helpful pointers.
I've been told that there is another new i586 port, but nobody could point me
to a repo...

Jens

Re: Announcing another attempt at Arch Linux i586

Karolina-5
onsdagen den 7 oktober 2009 skrev Jens:

> Me, killajoe and ecraven. Xavery also contributed a lot, but he doesn't
> have a machine to help out anymore. I chatted with some of the other i586
> porters, but none of them was interested in continuing their ports, however
> I did get some helpful pointers.
> I've been told that there is another new i586 port, but nobody could point
> me to a repo...
>
> Jens

I have a port, which I update every half year or so, to keep a couple of
machines running. The repository is dead on the internet, mainly because I
have not bothered the upkeep due to lack of interest.

Karolina