Arch Linux PPC

Harley Laue
Is the project abandoned at this point? It looks like the last package was
updated on 2009-06-29. That package (pacman actually) has Zac Brown as the
maintainer, which isn't even working with the project at this point. Anyone
know the status (and was the packages built using a cluster of some kind, or
just by the maintainers themselves?)

Re: Arch Linux PPC

David Liana
I did build some packages but lost interest because it seemed like
development is dead.

On 10/02/09 18:18, Harley Laue wrote:

> Is the project abandoned at this point? It looks like the last package was
> updated on 2009-06-29. That package (pacman actually) has Zac Brown as the
> maintainer, which isn't even working with the project at this point. Anyone
> know the status (and was the packages built using a cluster of some kind, or
> just by the maintainers themselves?)

Re: Arch Linux PPC

David Liana
PS - I'd be willing to help build packages/keep things fresh if it's a
time issue for people.

On 10/07/09 08:14, David Liana wrote:

> I did build some packages but lost interest because it seemed like
> development is dead.
>
> On 10/02/09 18:18, Harley Laue wrote:
>> Is the project abandoned at this point? It looks like the last
>> package was
>> updated on 2009-06-29. That package (pacman actually) has Zac Brown
>> as the
>> maintainer, which isn't even working with the project at this point.
>> Anyone
>> know the status (and was the packages built using a cluster of some
>> kind, or
>> just by the maintainers themselves?)

Re: Arch Linux PPC

Jon Sturm
I've also built some packages and there has been some more recent
interest in the project on the #archlinux-ppc irc channel but it seems
no one in the channel has access to the repo's and many of the mirrors
are down due to the lack of activity.
My main issue is that I cannot seem to get a working GCC build and as I
need one with --disable-altivec for my specific hardware many packages
in the repos are not working for me. If anyone at least has a working
PPC GCC PKGBUILD that would be extremely helpful to me.

I also have a small repo setup with some Wii spcific packages at
[archii] http://thestorm.taricorp.net/repo/ppc/archii/ but I cannot
continue untill I have an updated gcc.

Thanks Jon Sturm

On 10/7/2009 7:16 AM, David Liana wrote:

> PS - I'd be willing to help build packages/keep things fresh if it's a
> time issue for people.
>
> On 10/07/09 08:14, David Liana wrote:
>> I did build some packages but lost interest because it seemed like
>> development is dead.
>>
>> On 10/02/09 18:18, Harley Laue wrote:
>>> Is the project abandoned at this point? It looks like the last
>>> package was
>>> updated on 2009-06-29. That package (pacman actually) has Zac Brown
>>> as the
>>> maintainer, which isn't even working with the project at this point.
>>> Anyone
>>> know the status (and was the packages built using a cluster of some
>>> kind, or
>>> just by the maintainers themselves?)

Re: Arch Linux PPC

David Liana
There is some interest, plus 2 new groups on google for the ppc port.
As well as some activity on IRC.