Arch branded ODP slide for presentation

arch general mailing list-2
Good day mailing list,

I am giving an all day work shop at Ohio Linux Fest (
https://ohiolinux.org/olfi-training-2018/automation-with-bash-shell/). I
want to give a vendor agnostic presentation and am hunting around for some
decent Arch branded ODP template slides to include.

My question is:

1) Is there someone I need to seek permission from to use Arch branding?
2) Does anyone have any good slide templates they can share?

I appreciate your time.

Regards

--
Steve Ovens
Consultant, RHCA DevOps
Red Hat Canada
Cell: 519-709-5775

Re: Arch branded ODP slide for presentation

arch general mailing list-2
Hey Steve,
Arch Linux has a very _friendly_ trademark policy
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:TrademarkPolicy

On 8/22/18, Steve Ovens via arch-general <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good day mailing list,
>
> I am giving an all day work shop at Ohio Linux Fest (
> https://ohiolinux.org/olfi-training-2018/automation-with-bash-shell/). I
> want to give a vendor agnostic presentation and am hunting around for some
> decent Arch branded ODP template slides to include.
>
> My question is:
>
> 1) Is there someone I need to seek permission from to use Arch branding?
> 2) Does anyone have any good slide templates they can share?
>
> I appreciate your time.
>
> Regards
>

> --
> Steve Ovens
> Consultant, RHCA DevOps
> Red Hat Canada
> Cell: 519-709-5775

Re: Arch branded ODP slide for presentation

arch general mailing list-2
Thank you for the reply Ashok. Does the community have some good high
quality vector or other graphics or does it suffice to just pull the images
off of some general image search?

Regards

--
Steve Ovens
Consultant, RHCA DevOps
Red Hat Canada
Cell: 519-709-5775

Re: Arch branded ODP slide for presentation

arch general mailing list-2
Nevermind, I missed this. Sharing the link for posterity

https://www.archlinux.org/art/

--
Steve Ovens
Consultant, RHCA DevOps
Red Hat Canada
Cell: 519-709-5775

Em agosto 22, 2018 9:35 Ashok Arora via arch-general escreveu:

>> 1) Is there someone I need to seek permission from to use Arch branding?

See the usage cased listed on the wiki page provided by Ashok. From what you
have told us so far, I don't think there's any issue.

>> 2) Does anyone have any good slide templates they can share?

I don't think we have a template. I know some devs have been giving talks
recently, the one that I remember from the top of my head is Jelle. Perhaps
one of them can share it with you. You can also search for past presentations
by devs/tus. I would ask their permission though, before using any of their slides
templates.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini

Re: Arch branded ODP slide for presentation

arch general mailing list-2
On Wed, 2018-08-22 at 09:46 -0300, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-general
wrote:

> Em agosto 22, 2018 9:35 Ashok Arora via arch-general escreveu:
> > >
> > > 1) Is there someone I need to seek permission from to use Arch
> > > branding?
>
> See the usage cased listed on the wiki page provided by Ashok. From
> what you
> have told us so far, I don't think there's any issue.
>
> > > 2) Does anyone have any good slide templates they can share?
> > >

> I don't think we have a template. I know some devs have been giving
> talks
> recently, the one that I remember from the top of my head is Jelle.
> Perhaps
> one of them can share it with you. You can also search for past
> presentations
> by devs/tus. I would ask their permission though, before using any of
> their slides
> templates.
>
> Regards,
> Giancarlo Razzolini
Yes. Here[1] are the slides. I've pinged jelle at the IRC so he can
have a look at this.

[1] http://pkgbuild.com/~jelle/slides/#1

Thanks,
Filipe Laíns
3DCE 51D6 0930 EBA4 7858 BA41 46F6 33CB B0EB 4BF2

Re: Arch branded ODP slide for presentation

Jelle van der Waa-2
On 08/22/18 at 03:36pm, Filipe Laíns via arch-general wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-08-22 at 09:46 -0300, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-general
> wrote:

> > See the usage cased listed on the wiki page provided by Ashok. From
> > what you
> > have told us so far, I don't think there's any issue.

> > I don't think we have a template. I know some devs have been giving
> > talks
> > recently, the one that I remember from the top of my head is Jelle.
> > Perhaps
> > one of them can share it with you. You can also search for past
> > presentations
> > by devs/tus. I would ask their permission though, before using any of
> > their slides
> > templates.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Giancarlo Razzolini
>
> Yes. Here[1] are the slides. I've pinged jelle at the IRC so he can
> have a look at this.
I have a basic remarkjs theme on my Github [1]

[1] https://github.com/jelly/arch-linux-remarkjs-theme

--
Jelle van der Waa

Re: Arch branded ODP slide for presentation

arch general mailing list-2
Thank you to all who applied. You have been most helpful!

--
Steve Ovens
Consultant, RHCA DevOps