August i686+dual ISOs available

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

August i686+dual ISOs available

Tyler Dence
The August ISOs are now available for download.

Master Mirror:
http://mirror.archlinux32.org/archisos/ (EU/Germany)

Tier 1 Mirrors:
https://archlinux32.mirror.roelf.org/archisos/ (EU/France)
http://32.arlm.tyzoid.com/archisos/ (North America/United States)
http://arch32.mirrors.simplysam.us/archisos/ (North America/Canada)

Also, if you haven't seen, we have an RSS feed of these announcements on
our news page:

https://news.archlinux32.org/
https://news.archlinux32.org/rss.php
_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: August i686+dual ISOs available

Simon Doppler
On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 08:56:40AM -0400, Tyler Dence wrote:

> The August ISOs are now available for download.
>
> Master Mirror:
> http://mirror.archlinux32.org/archisos/ (EU/Germany)
>
> Tier 1 Mirrors:
> https://archlinux32.mirror.roelf.org/archisos/ (EU/France)
> http://32.arlm.tyzoid.com/archisos/ (North America/United States)
> http://arch32.mirrors.simplysam.us/archisos/ (North America/Canada)
>
> Also, if you haven't seen, we have an RSS feed of these announcements on
> our news page:
>
> https://news.archlinux32.org/
> https://news.archlinux32.org/rss.php
> _______________________________________________
> arch-ports mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports
Is there any plan to provide a torrent download for the 32-bits ISO ?

If you need any help, I'd be glad to provide it (whether is is the
torrent file create the torrent file or to be among the first uploaders
to have the files).

Best,

--
Simon Doppler (dopsi)
W: https://dopsi.ch
AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/account/dopsi
GitHub: https://github.com/dopsi
PGP: EB36 7755 7EE8 B2A1 F6C4 907E F0D6 8494 7E78 9926

_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: August i686+dual ISOs available

Erich Eckner
Hi Simon,

actually it would be great if you could create torrents from the isos -
I tried once, but failed to publish them.

Cheers,
deep42thought

On 03.08.2017 11:33, Simon Doppler wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 08:56:40AM -0400, Tyler Dence wrote:
>> The August ISOs are now available for download.
>>
>> Master Mirror:
>> http://mirror.archlinux32.org/archisos/ (EU/Germany)
>>
>> Tier 1 Mirrors:
>> https://archlinux32.mirror.roelf.org/archisos/ (EU/France)
>> http://32.arlm.tyzoid.com/archisos/ (North America/United States)
>> http://arch32.mirrors.simplysam.us/archisos/ (North America/Canada)
>>
>> Also, if you haven't seen, we have an RSS feed of these announcements on
>> our news page:
>>
>> https://news.archlinux32.org/
>> https://news.archlinux32.org/rss.php
>> _______________________________________________
>> arch-ports mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports
>
> Is there any plan to provide a torrent download for the 32-bits ISO ?
>
> If you need any help, I'd be glad to provide it (whether is is the
> torrent file create the torrent file or to be among the first uploaders
> to have the files).
>
> Best,
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> arch-ports mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports
>
_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: August i686+dual ISOs available

Tyler Dence
In reply to this post by Simon Doppler
> Is there any plan to provide a torrent download for the 32-bits ISO ?
>
> If you need any help, I'd be glad to provide it (whether is is the
> torrent file create the torrent file or to be among the first uploaders
> to have the files).

We had discussed this in the past, but haven't gotten around to it. If you
specify our mirrors as webseeds, then there shouldn't need to be a "first"
uploader, since there are always 3-4 seeds online. Archlinux mainline does
this to ensure reliability/speed, even if not many people are seeding via
torrent. Additionally, this would give the torrents via archlinux32 an
extra speed boost.
_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: August i686+dual ISOs available

Simon Doppler
> We had discussed this in the past, but haven't gotten around to it. If you
> specify our mirrors as webseeds, then there shouldn't need to be a "first"
> uploader, since there are always 3-4 seeds online. Archlinux mainline does
> this to ensure reliability/speed, even if not many people are seeding via
> torrent. Additionally, this would give the torrents via archlinux32 an
> extra speed boost.

Whether I should include webseeds was my next question, but you already
answered it.

I will work on the file creation this weekend and get back to you.

Best
--
Simon Doppler (dopsi)
W: https://dopsi.ch
AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/account/dopsi
GitHub: https://github.com/dopsi
PGP: EB36 7755 7EE8 B2A1 F6C4 907E F0D6 8494 7E78 9926

_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: August i686+dual ISOs available

Simon Doppler
Hi everyone,

I have created the torrent files for both August 1st's ISOs. The files
are available at https://static.dopsi.ch/al32/

The magnet links are:

  * for the dual ISO magnet:?xt=urn:btih:343ddec42e9925c751da0b927c4a8b2b266759ec&dn=archlinux-2017.08.01-dual.iso&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fdopsi.ch%3A6969%2Fannounce&ws=https%3A%2F%2Fmirror.archlinux32.org%2Farchisos%2F&ws=https%3A%2F%2F32.arlm.tyzoid.com%2Farchisos%2F&ws=https%3A%2F%2Farchlinux32.mirror.roelf.org%2Farchisos%2F&ws=http%3A%2F%2Farch32.mirrors.simplysam.us%2Farchisos%2F
  * for the i686 ISO magnet:?xt=urn:btih:82e6f6add33829dfffa01a877faef055de192c23&dn=archlinux-2017.08.01-i686.iso&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fdopsi.ch%3A6969%2Fannounce&ws=https%3A%2F%2Fmirror.archlinux32.org%2Farchisos%2F&ws=https%3A%2F%2F32.arlm.tyzoid.com%2Farchisos%2F&ws=https%3A%2F%2Farchlinux32.mirror.roelf.org%2Farchisos%2F&ws=http%3A%2F%2Farch32.mirrors.simplysam.us%2Farchisos%2F

The torrent creation script is available on Github:
https://github.com/dopsi/al32-torrent

Best

--
Simon Doppler (dopsi)
W: https://dopsi.ch
AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/account/dopsi
GitHub: https://github.com/dopsi
PGP: EB36 7755 7EE8 B2A1 F6C4 907E F0D6 8494 7E78 9926

_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.archlinux.org/listinfo/arch-ports

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...