Berkeley DB

Hussam Al-Tayeb
I think Archlinux's db 4.4 is only built with --enable-cxx

Is it possible to rebuild it with --enable-java as well so I can link
openoffice.org against it, or will it only accept only one of those two
options?

Re: Berkeley DB

Bugzilla from vinayshastry@gmail.com
On Sunday 29 October 2006 00:08, Hussam Al-Tayeb wrote:
> I think Archlinux's db 4.4 is only built with --enable-cxx
>
> Is it possible to rebuild it with --enable-java as well so I can link
> openoffice.org against it, or will it only accept only one of those two
> options?

I think its better to let programs use their own bdb if available. Especially
openoffice. The version they bundle with the program is generally more tested
and solid. So better let oo.org use the bundled version.

--
Vinay S Shastry
http://vinayshastry.blogspot.com/

Re: Berkeley DB

Andreas Radke
Am Sat, 28 Oct 2006 21:38:53 +0300
schrieb Hussam Al-Tayeb <[hidden email]>:

> I think Archlinux's db 4.4 is only built with --enable-cxx
>
> Is it possible to rebuild it with --enable-java as well so I can link
> openoffice.org against it, or will it only accept only one of those
> two options?

db is in current and cannot depend on any extra repo stuff. it would
break the iso.

AndyRTR