Boost looking for new maintainer

arch dev mailing list
Hi team,

As I'm absolutely the worst with C++, none of my packages depend on
boost and I've spent enough nights terrified of its build system quirks,
I'll be orphaning it soon. Feel free to adopt it in archweb.

Bartłomiej

Re: Boost looking for new maintainer

arch dev mailing list
Hey,

if there is really no one else that *wants* to take it, I'll adopt it.

Cheers,
Thore

On 03/20/2018 02:36 PM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> As I'm absolutely the worst with C++, none of my packages depend on
> boost and I've spent enough nights terrified of its build system quirks,
> I'll be orphaning it soon. Feel free to adopt it in archweb.
>
> Bartłomiej

If you're willing to drop it to [community] i'll gladly adopt it.

Rob

On March 20, 2018 4:55:16 PM GMT+01:00, Robin Broda via arch-dev-public <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 03/20/2018 02:36 PM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-dev-public
>wrote:
>> Hi team,
>>
>> As I'm absolutely the worst with C++, none of my packages depend on
>> boost and I've spent enough nights terrified of its build system
>quirks,
>> I'll be orphaning it soon. Feel free to adopt it in archweb.
>>
>> Bartłomiej
>>

>If you're willing to drop it to [community] i'll gladly adopt it.
>
>Rob

Well I pretty much love cpp and boost and have multiple packages depending on it, if nobody here feels butt hurt or robbed I would happily adopt it. I don't fear sleepless nights and I explicitly welcome everyone to propose sane changes now or in future, working together is key to success :D

Cheers
Levente

On 2018-03-20 18:45, Levente Polyak via arch-dev-public wrote:

> On March 20, 2018 4:55:16 PM GMT+01:00, Robin Broda via arch-dev-public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 03/20/2018 02:36 PM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-dev-public
>> wrote:
>>> Hi team,
>>>
>>> As I'm absolutely the worst with C++, none of my packages depend on
>>> boost and I've spent enough nights terrified of its build system
>> quirks,
>>> I'll be orphaning it soon. Feel free to adopt it in archweb.
>>>
>>> Bartłomiej
>>>

>> If you're willing to drop it to [community] i'll gladly adopt it.
>>
>> Rob
>
> Well I pretty much love cpp and boost and have multiple packages depending on it, if nobody here feels butt hurt or robbed I would happily adopt it. I don't fear sleepless nights and I explicitly welcome everyone to propose sane changes now or in future, working together is key to success :D
>
> Cheers
> Levente

New version has been released yesterday so enjoy!

Bartłomiej