Does anybody look after the translation system?

Does anybody look after the translation system?

Ludvig Holtze
Hello!

Since the Swedish translation of pacman is incomplete and incorrect in some
places I tried to join the translation team two months ago. I haven't heard
anything since then so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or if
nobody's simply noticed my request. Is it possible that someone could let
me into the Swedish translation team?

Kind regards,
Ludvig Holtze (zeroxfourc on Transifex)

Re: Does anybody look after the translation system?

Eli Schwartz-2
On 03/06/2018 02:10 PM, Ludvig Holtze wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Since the Swedish translation of pacman is incomplete and incorrect in some
> places I tried to join the translation team two months ago. I haven't heard
> anything since then so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or if
> nobody's simply noticed my request. Is it possible that someone could let
> me into the Swedish translation team?
>
> Kind regards,
> Ludvig Holtze (zeroxfourc on Transifex)
Yes, translators are added to the Transifex project by Allan and then
strings are uploaded shortly before release rather than being
continuously updated.

I do know Allan typically only accepts one (active) translator per
language though.

How did you try to join?

Re: Does anybody look after the translation system?

Ludvig Holtze
Hello!

Sorry, I didn't know your way of doing things. I just registered a
Transifex account and tried to join the team. I'm not sure there is an
active Swedish translator though, since there are many strings that have
been left untranslated for at least two months.

Should I just wait for Allan to read this thread or can I send him an email?

/L.

On 03/06/2018 02:50 PM, Ludvig Holtze wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Sorry, I didn't know your way of doing things. I just registered a
> Transifex account and tried to join the team. I'm not sure there is an
> active Swedish translator though, since there are many strings that have
> been left untranslated for at least two months.
>
> Should I just wait for Allan to read this thread or can I send him an email?
>
> /L.
Just wait until he reads the thread. :)

Re: Does anybody look after the translation system?

Allan McRae
On 07/03/18 05:10, Ludvig Holtze wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Since the Swedish translation of pacman is incomplete and incorrect in some
> places I tried to join the translation team two months ago. I haven't heard
> anything since then so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or if
> nobody's simply noticed my request. Is it possible that someone could let
> me into the Swedish translation team?

So they way I do this is...   I assign a lead to each language (usually
on the basis of whoever had done the initial translation).   They then
have the power to accept more people to that language.

We are slowly heading towards a new release, so I will upload new
translations soon.  At that point, I approve any additional people who
are for languages that have not been completed in the previous round.

This is not the best system, but I need to avoid adding additional
people into currently active teams as that gains us nothing.

Cheers,
Allan

Re: Does anybody look after the translation system?

Ludvig Holtze
Hello!

I think I understand how this works now. I'll wait and see if I get in at
the next string upload.

Thank you for your patience!

/L.