First i686-only ISO busted for me too.

fredbezies
I downloaded first i686 only ISO, and it doesn't boot. No splash
screen... Normal?

It stays stuck on boot: prompt.

--
Frederic Bezies

Re: First i686-only ISO busted for me too.

Erich Eckner
Hi,

sry. The problem is on my end.
It looks like I overshot by adopting all of the x86_64 changes for i686.
http://mirror.archlinux32.org/archisos/archlinux-2017.03.30-i686.iso
should work (at least, this works - in contrast to the other one - for me).

Maybe someone with more experience in building the iso than me can have
a look what piece between commit 6a3cb4a and 12f27c7 broke archiso32
(github.com/archlinux32/archiso32)?

I hope, everything works fine, now.

cheers, Erich

On 30.03.2017 22:20, fredbezies wrote:
> I downloaded first i686 only ISO, and it doesn't boot. No splash
> screen... Normal?
>
> It stays stuck on boot: prompt.

Re: First i686-only ISO busted for me too.

Andreas Baumann
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:13:53PM +0200, Erich Eckner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sry. The problem is on my end.
> It looks like I overshot by adopting all of the x86_64 changes for i686.
> http://mirror.archlinux32.org/archisos/archlinux-2017.03.30-i686.iso
> should work (at least, this works - in contrast to the other one - for me).
> Maybe someone with more experience in building the iso than me can have
> a look what piece between commit 6a3cb4a and 12f27c7 broke archiso32
> (github.com/archlinux32/archiso32)?
>
> I hope, everything works fine, now.

Hi,

The 2017.03.30 booted fine on both libvirt and on my ASUS P2B-S machine.
I did a full reinstall on libvirt with the 2017.03.30 version, no problems.

Cheers,

Andreas

> cheers, Erich
>
> On 30.03.2017 22:20, fredbezies wrote:
> > I downloaded first i686 only ISO, and it doesn't boot. No splash
> > screen... Normal?
> >
> > It stays stuck on boot: prompt.

Andreas Baumann
Trottenstrasse 20
CH-8037 Zuerich
Telefon: +41(0)76/373 01 29
E-mail: [hidden email]
Homepage: www.andreasbaumann.cc

On 31.03.2017 09:22, Andreas Baumann wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:13:53PM +0200, Erich Eckner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> sry. The problem is on my end.
>> It looks like I overshot by adopting all of the x86_64 changes for i686.
>> http://mirror.archlinux32.org/archisos/archlinux-2017.03.30-i686.iso
>> should work (at least, this works - in contrast to the other one - for me).
>> Maybe someone with more experience in building the iso than me can have
>> a look what piece between commit 6a3cb4a and 12f27c7 broke archiso32
>> (github.com/archlinux32/archiso32)?
>>
>> I hope, everything works fine, now.
>
> Hi,
>
> The 2017.03.30 booted fine on both libvirt and on my ASUS P2B-S machine.
> I did a full reinstall on libvirt with the 2017.03.30 version, no problems.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

Hi,

I think, I found my mistake (forgot to cherry-pick some lines from the
original commit), current Iso is online:
https://mirror.archlinux32.org/archisos/testing/archlinux-2017.04.01-i686.iso

Besides comments on (problems with) the iso(s), also any comments on the
archiso-fork (github.com/archlinux32/archiso32) and the archiso-packages
(https://arch.eckner.net/archlinuxewe/os/any/archiso-dual-31-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
and
https://arch.eckner.net/archlinuxewe/os/any/archiso32-31-4-any.pkg.tar.xz)
are apreciated.

Something more general:
Maybe, we should set up some standard way to inform testers of new
versions to test? (some separate mailing list? archweb? ...?) I guess,
this list is not solely for (sup)porting i686, and others might not want
to get spammed with i686-test-release news.

cheers,
Erich

Re: First i686-only ISO busted for me too.

brainpower
On 01.04.2017 21:31, Erich Eckner wrote:
--snip--

> Something more general:
> Maybe, we should set up some standard way to inform testers of new
> versions to test? (some separate mailing list? archweb? ...?) I guess,
> this list is not solely for (sup)porting i686, and others might not want
> to get spammed with i686-test-release news.

What about using a tag like '[i686]' (or similar) after '[arch-ports]' in the subject?

Almost every mail client I've encountered has some kind of filtering feature
that could be used to filter messages with that tag...

Even if no filter feature is used or if test-information is moved to another location,
it could be useful with other messages, too,
since it would make it easier to spot messages of interest.

Otherwise I'd say: Change the "test-information-location" only if someone actually complains.
Once everything is set up and runs for a while, it's probably going to be less such messages anyway.

--
regards,
brainpower