GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

12

GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Roman Kyrylych
There's no official announce yet, but everyone can see that GNOME and
KDE packages have been moved from Testing to Extra.

Only libnetworkmanager 0.6.4-4 is shown in both Testing and Extra
(archlinux.org/packages.php).

So, all of us that waited for newest GNOME and KDE can praise devs now. ;-)

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

NitE
Great news. I was actually wondering when GNOME was going to hit
current the other night. Can't wait to upgrade.

Thank you to all the GNOME devs for all your effort (and also to the
KDE devs, even tho I don't use KDE :P)

On 10/27/06, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's no official announce yet, but everyone can see that GNOME and
> KDE packages have been moved from Testing to Extra.
>
> Only libnetworkmanager 0.6.4-4 is shown in both Testing and Extra
> (archlinux.org/packages.php).
>
> So, all of us that waited for newest GNOME and KDE can praise devs now. ;-)
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Stefano Z.-2
NitE wrote:
> Great news. I was actually wondering when GNOME was going to hit
> current the other night. Can't wait to upgrade.
>
> Thank you to all the GNOME devs for all your effort (and also to the
> KDE devs, even tho I don't use KDE :P)

yes !

Great support on arch :)

Thanks !

sigh 321mb of upgrade ;-)

--
my public GPG key:
http://www.zamprogno.it/files/never.asc.tar.gz

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Allen Franco
Yeah!!! no even gentoo have 2.16 yet

downloading....downloading...downloading

2006/10/27, Stefano Z. <[hidden email]>:
NitE wrote:
> Great news. I was actually wondering when GNOME was going to hit
> current the other night. Can't wait to upgrade.
>
> Thank you to all the GNOME devs for all your effort (and also to the
> KDE devs, even tho I don't use KDE :P)

yes !

Great support on arch :)

Thanks !

sigh 321mb of upgrade ;-)

--
my public GPG key:
http://www.zamprogno.it/files/never.asc.tar.gz

Abraços,

Allen S. Franco
MSN: [hidden email]
Jabber: [hidden email]

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Erwin Van de Velde
And again... the upgrade was very smooth. Thanks devs!

Greetz,
Erwin

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Yonathan Dossow-2
On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 12:11:21AM +0300, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> There's no official announce yet, but everyone can see that GNOME and
> KDE packages have been moved from Testing to Extra.

and i see that kde and gnome are in current too :S (check in ftp)
--
Yonathan H. Dossow Acu�a                       http://kronin.bla.cl
Estudiante Ingenieria Civil Informatica

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Dan-7
On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:22:53AM -0200, Allen Franco wrote:
> Yeah!!! no even gentoo have 2.16 yet

> downloading....downloading...downloading

My wife is running Arch on her computer, I thought since reading the
first mail in this thread that I would surprise her and update gnome
for her.
At the risk of appearing silly (I am not an Arch user), pacman -Syu
doesn't seem to bring any of the new gnome 2.16 packages in...what's
the secret for getting 2.16?

Regards,
ded

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Askadar-2
Am Freitag, 27. Oktober 2006 11:28 schrieb ded:
> On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:22:53AM -0200, Allen Franco wrote:
> At the risk of appearing silly (I am not an Arch user), pacman -Syu
> doesn't seem to bring any of the new gnome 2.16 packages in...what's
> the secret for getting 2.16?

You have to wait until your mirror syncs or use a mirror that has already
synced (ftp.archlinux.org).

- Askadar

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

domanov
> what's the secret for getting 2.16?

Just wait for your mirror to sync, or change mirror.

Regard,
domanov

PS: very lucky wife ;)
PPS: and also the husband!

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 11:44:22AM -0400, Askadar wrote:
> Am Freitag, 27. Oktober 2006 11:28 schrieb ded:
> > On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:22:53AM -0200, Allen Franco wrote:
> > At the risk of appearing silly (I am not an Arch user), pacman -Syu
> > doesn't seem to bring any of the new gnome 2.16 packages in...what's
> > the secret for getting 2.16?

> You have to wait until your mirror syncs or use a mirror that has already
> synced (ftp.archlinux.org).

Ah, ok...thanks :)

She seems to have tons of mirrors for each repo
(default config I'd guess), couldn't she just list European/UK
mirrors as applicable and be done with it?

> - Askadar

ded

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 05:48:06PM +0200, domanov wrote:
> > what's the secret for getting 2.16?
>
> Just wait for your mirror to sync, or change mirror.
>
> Regard,
> domanov

> PS: very lucky wife ;)
> PPS: and also the husband!

:)

Thanks for the reply. We run thirteen computers on a home network
here, so we're constantly trying out new distributions, new
versions, etc. As I said I don't use Arch, but it looks to be quick
and lean...which is something I appreciate. Keep up the good work!

Am Freitag, 27. Oktober 2006 11:56 schrieb ded:

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 11:44:22AM -0400, Askadar wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 27. Oktober 2006 11:28 schrieb ded:
> > > On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:22:53AM -0200, Allen Franco wrote:
> > > At the risk of appearing silly (I am not an Arch user), pacman -Syu
> > > doesn't seem to bring any of the new gnome 2.16 packages in...what's
> > > the secret for getting 2.16?
> >
> > You have to wait until your mirror syncs or use a mirror that has already
> > synced (ftp.archlinux.org).
>
> Ah, ok...thanks :)
>
> She seems to have tons of mirrors for each repo
> (default config I'd guess), couldn't she just list European/UK
> mirrors as applicable and be done with it?

Assuming that your mirror always works, I'd say yes. pacman uses the
mirrorlist in a top down fashion, so you use the same mirror all the time
anyway. One or two good european mirrors followed by the official repos
should be sufficient.

- Askadar

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

kasa-2
On 10/27/06, Yonathan Dossow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> and i see that kde and gnome are in current too :S (check in ftp)

yep, that's true... why on earth kde and gnome are in current ?? :|

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Stavros Giannouris
Στις Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:28:30 +0100
Ο/Η ded <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:22:53AM -0200, Allen Franco wrote:
> > Yeah!!! no even gentoo have 2.16 yet
>
> > downloading....downloading...downloading
>
> At the risk of appearing silly (I am not an Arch user), pacman -Syu
> doesn't seem to bring any of the new gnome 2.16 packages in...what's
> the secret for getting 2.16?

Probably your mirror didn't sync yet. Wait a few hours and retry, and
it should come.

> Regards,
> ded

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: [hidden email]
PGP Key: http://stavrosg.serverhive.com/files/GnuPG.key
"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Please copy me to your signature  to help me spread"

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Allen Franco
I have gnome 2.16 since this morning... using extra repository and now we have on current too...

Try to put 'F' of Force in the end...

# pacman -Syuf

bye
Allen

2006/10/27, Stavros Giannouris <[hidden email]>:
Στις Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:28:30 +0100
Ο/Η ded <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:22:53AM -0200, Allen Franco wrote:
> > Yeah!!! no even gentoo have 2.16 yet
>
> > downloading....downloading...downloading
>
> At the risk of appearing silly (I am not an Arch user), pacman -Syu
> doesn't seem to bring any of the new gnome 2.16 packages in...what's
> the secret for getting 2.16?

Probably your mirror didn't sync yet. Wait a few hours and retry, and
it should come.

> Regards,
> ded

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: [hidden email]
PGP Key: http://stavrosg.serverhive.com/files/GnuPG.key
"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Please copy me to your signature  to help me spread"

Abraços,

Allen S. Franco
MSN: [hidden email]
Jabber: [hidden email]

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Johannes Held
whoever wrote that
> Probably your mirror didn't sync yet. Wait a few hours and retry, and
> it should come.
waiting for sync is sometime really annoying.
Does anyone know a fast upto-date mirror?

--
Gruß, Johannes
http://www.hehejo.de

2006/10/27, Johannes Held <[hidden email]>:
> whoever wrote that
> > Probably your mirror didn't sync yet. Wait a few hours and retry, and
> > it should come.
> waiting for sync is sometime really annoying.
> Does anyone know a fast upto-date mirror?

ftp.archlinux.org :-)

BTW, if devs are reading this ML now, can anyone explain why there are
GNOME and KDE in both Current and Extra? :-/

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Allen Franco
Now the packages are in current...
ps. comment nethat, slow and not works almost everyday :/

bye
Allen

2006/10/27, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]>:
2006/10/27, Johannes Held <[hidden email]>:
> whoever wrote that
> > Probably your mirror didn't sync yet. Wait a few hours and retry, and
> > it should come.
> waiting for sync is sometime really annoying.
> Does anyone know a fast upto-date mirror?

ftp.archlinux.org :-)

BTW, if devs are reading this ML now, can anyone explain why there are
GNOME and KDE in both Current and Extra? :-/

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

Abraços,

Allen S. Franco
MSN: [hidden email]
Jabber: [hidden email]

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra

Urs Wolfer-2
On Friday 27 October 2006 18:10, Johannes Held wrote:
> whoever wrote that
>
> > Probably your mirror didn't sync yet. Wait a few hours and retry, and
> > it should come.
>
> waiting for sync is sometime really annoying.
> Does anyone know a fast upto-date mirror?

ftp://archlinux.puzzle.ch/

Bye
urs

Re: GNOME 2.16 and KDE 3.5.5 in Extra