Good gif recorder

I've been trying peek and it's absolutely horrible on my machine (8 GB RAM, Integrated Video card, AMD FX - 6100) . Is there any good screen recorder that can do full HD gif recording ?

Thanks

Sent from Nylas Mail<https://n1.nylas.com/link/d370e38f9b6085d8ca0d311b78c36265cb45947689d5d83676759f3ae200e6c7/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%3Fref%3Dn1>, the best free email app for work

Re: Good gif recorder

Nicolas F.
On 13.07.2017 15:57, Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying peek and it's absolutely horrible on my machine (8 GB RAM, Integrated Video card, AMD FX - 6100) . Is there any good screen recorder that can do full HD gif recording ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sent from Nylas Mail<https://n1.nylas.com/link/d370e38f9b6085d8ca0d311b78c36265cb45947689d5d83676759f3ae200e6c7/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%3Fref%3Dn1>, the best free email app for work

don't record directly to gif, instead, screen record with ffmpeg to FFV1 inside mkv, then transcode that (with ffmpeg too) to gif. Or better yet, don't use gif at all, because it's a shit format.

Re: Good gif recorder

Hey!

This looks like a decent list: https://itsfoss.com/best-gif-recorder-linux/

Hope it helps.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying peek and it's absolutely horrible on my machine (8 GB
> RAM, Integrated Video card, AMD FX - 6100) . Is there any good screen
> recorder that can do full HD gif recording ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sent from Nylas Mail<https://n1.nylas.com/link/
> d370e38f9b6085d8ca0d311b78c36265cb45947689d5d83676759f3ae200
> e6c7/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%3Fref%3Dn1>, the best free email
> app for work

Vikraant Singh Sanwal
Outdoor Educator
AmAlwaysHappy.blogspot.com
____________________________________

Re: Good gif recorder

arch general mailing list-2
KShare is worth keeping an eye on. It's based on the (excellent)
ShareX for Windows, and the developer is active.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Vikraant Singh Sanwal via
arch-general <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> This looks like a decent list: https://itsfoss.com/best-gif-recorder-linux/
>
> Hope it helps.
>

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've been trying peek and it's absolutely horrible on my machine (8 GB
>> RAM, Integrated Video card, AMD FX - 6100) . Is there any good screen
>> recorder that can do full HD gif recording ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sent from Nylas Mail<https://n1.nylas.com/link/
>> d370e38f9b6085d8ca0d311b78c36265cb45947689d5d83676759f3ae200
>> e6c7/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%3Fref%3Dn1>, the best free email
>> app for work
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Vikraant Singh Sanwal
> Outdoor Educator
> AmAlwaysHappy.blogspot.com
> ____________________________________

Re: Good gif recorder

arch general mailing list-2
I have a little script in my PATH that does kind of what Nicolas
mentioned. I stole it from somewhere but I can't remember the source,
sorry.

I should probably switch to webm or something but this has worked well
for me so far when it comes to just recording 1-6 second UI/UX stuff.

http://ix.io/ywg

Re: Good gif recorder

arch general mailing list-2
Thanks this looks good. I'll give it a try

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 2:28:26 PM +06, Ben Oliver via arch-general wrote:

> I have a little script in my PATH that does kind of what Nicolas
> mentioned. I stole it from somewhere but I can't remember the source,
> sorry.
>
> I should probably switch to webm or something but this has worked well
> for me so far when it comes to just recording 1-6 second UI/UX stuff.
>
> http://ix.io/ywg

Re: Good gif recorder

On 2017年07月13日 22時24分, Vikraant Singh Sanwal via arch-general wrote:
>This looks like a decent list: https://itsfoss.com/best-gif-recorder-linux/

I like how they listed CLI as a con for Byzanz (which works well, by the way).

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/byzanz/

Re: Good gif recorder