ImageMagick 7

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ImageMagick 7

arch dev mailing list
Hi list,

if nobody objects I would like to start an upgrade to ImageMagick 7.

The plan is:
- Split imagemagick into (libmagick imagemagick imagemagick-doc).
- Add imagemagick6, split into (libmagick6 imagemagick6). No docs.

libmagick and libmagick6 contain the parallel-installable libraries.

imagemagick and imagemagick6 conflict with each other, containing the
tools, the perl module and the conflicting build files.

We'll need some rebuilds, of course.

Thoughts?

Greetings,
Jan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ImageMagick 7

arch dev mailing list
El Sat, 02 Dec 2017 19:53:10 +0000, Jan Alexander Steffens via
arch-dev-public escribió:

> Hi list,
>
> if nobody objects I would like to start an upgrade to ImageMagick 7.
>
> The plan is:
> - Split imagemagick into (libmagick imagemagick imagemagick-doc).
> - Add imagemagick6, split into (libmagick6 imagemagick6). No docs.
>
> libmagick and libmagick6 contain the parallel-installable libraries.
>
> imagemagick and imagemagick6 conflict with each other, containing the
> tools, the perl module and the conflicting build files.
>
> We'll need some rebuilds, of course.
>
> Thoughts?

Will imagemagick6 (the tools) still be needed after we ship IM7? I'd rather not ship two versions of the tools if that's possible.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ImageMagick 7

arch dev mailing list
On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 9:08 PM Antonio Rojas via arch-dev-public <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> El Sat, 02 Dec 2017 19:53:10 +0000, Jan Alexander Steffens via
> arch-dev-public escribió:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > if nobody objects I would like to start an upgrade to ImageMagick 7.
> >
> > The plan is:
> > - Split imagemagick into (libmagick imagemagick imagemagick-doc).
> > - Add imagemagick6, split into (libmagick6 imagemagick6). No docs.
> >
> > libmagick and libmagick6 contain the parallel-installable libraries.
> >
> > imagemagick and imagemagick6 conflict with each other, containing the
> > tools, the perl module and the conflicting build files.
> >
> > We'll need some rebuilds, of course.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Will imagemagick6 (the tools) still be needed after we ship IM7? I'd
> rather not ship two versions of the tools if that's possible.
>

That's the question. I'm not even sure (but more confident) that we need
libmagick6. I have the complete set ready, but we can still drop the
packages that we later determine are not needed.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ImageMagick 7

arch dev mailing list
El Sat, 02 Dec 2017 20:18:44 +0000, Jan Alexander Steffens via
arch-dev-public escribió:

>
> That's the question. I'm not even sure (but more confident) that we need
> libmagick6. I have the complete set ready, but we can still drop the
> packages that we later determine are not needed.

Last time a tried not a single package that links to libmagick was building with 7, so I'd be surprised if libmagick6 wasn't needed.