Intellij IDEA Ultimate's

tur-users mailing list
Sup,

Currently we have 3 non-split IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate's in the AUR
(there are other ones too, but they're not duplicates):

- https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-ultimate-edition/
(most popular one, no bundled JRE)
- https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-ue-bundled-jre/
(same, but with bundled JRE)
- https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-jdk/ (just the bundled JRE)

We probably don't need all 3, so I wonder we could trim one of these?

               Det

Re: Intellij IDEA Ultimate's

tur-users mailing list
Det said on Thu Feb 2 06:25:58 UTC 2017:

> Sup,
>
> Currently we have 3 non-split IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate's in the AUR
> (there are other ones too, but they're not duplicates):
>
> -https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-ultimate-edition/
> (most popular one, no bundled JRE)
> -https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-ue-bundled-jre/
> (same, but with bundled JRE)
> -https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-jdk/
> (just the bundled JRE)
>
> We probably don't need all 3, so I wonder we could trim one of these?
>
>                Det

Correction. The "intellij-jdk" is obviously indeed JDK...

          Det

Re: Intellij IDEA Ultimate's

On 02/02/17, Det via aur-general wrote:

> Sup,
>
> Currently we have 3 non-split IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate's in the AUR
> (there are other ones too, but they're not duplicates):
>
> - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-ultimate-edition/
> (most popular one, no bundled JRE)
> - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-ue-bundled-jre/
> (same, but with bundled JRE)
> - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-jdk/ (just the bundled JRE)
>
> We probably don't need all 3, so I wonder we could trim one of these?
>
>                Det

Hello

I'm the maintainer for the EAP [0] version in AUR. I use a flag in PKGBUILD
to allow the users to remove the JDK during build. There's also a way [1]
to set the JDK of IDEA, along with the classic environmental variables
(IDEA_JDK, IDEA_JDK_64 etc).

[0]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-ue-eap/
[1]: pinned comment in above package

Leonidas Spyropoulos