Mirror down?

David Rosenstrauch
It looks like the mirror at nyu.edu has been down for the last couple of
days:

https://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/es.its.nyu.edu/643/

Anyone know who to contact about that?

Best,

DR

Re: Mirror down?

arch general mailing list-2
Did you know, DNS has this great feature called `whois` [0].

cheers!
mar77i

[0] https://www.whois.com/whois/nyu.edu

Re: Mirror down?

arch general mailing list-2
There's a list for mirror operators at [hidden email] they
may find this info useful as they can bug the mirror owner or remove
it from the rotation.

Re: Mirror down?

David Rosenstrauch
On 04/21/2017 11:42 AM, Martin K├╝hne via arch-general wrote:
> Did you know, DNS has this great feature called `whois` [0].
>
> cheers!
> mar77i
>
> [0] https://www.whois.com/whois/nyu.edu

DNS doesn't tell you who specifically is responsible for maintaining an
Arch mirror that is operating somewhere within a large university.

DR

Re: Mirror down?

David Rosenstrauch
On 04/21/2017 12:31 PM, Peter Baldridge via arch-general wrote:
> There's a list for mirror operators at [hidden email] they
> may find this info useful as they can bug the mirror owner or remove
> it from the rotation.

Very helpful - thanks!  Is that an open list?  (I.e., can non-members
post to it?)

Best,

DR