Moving dbus-c++ from [extra] to [community]

Moving dbus-c++ from [extra] to [community]

Baptiste Jonglez
Hi,

dbus-c++ [1] is orphaned, but needs some love to work with GCC 7.
Currently, it does not build, and also prevents its reverse dependencies
[2,3,4] from building.  Apparently, Fedora has patches to fix this [5].

I would be happy to maintain dbus-c++, however it would first need to be
moved to [community] (as well as libffado [2]).  Is this ok?

Baptiste

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/dbus-c++/
[2] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libffado/
[3] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/kimtoy/
[4] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ring-daemon/
[5] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/dbus-c++.git/log/?h=f26

Re: Moving dbus-c++ from [extra] to [community]

Baptiste Jonglez
On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 10:49:29PM +0200, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> dbus-c++ [1] is orphaned, but needs some love to work with GCC 7.
> Currently, it does not build, and also prevents its reverse dependencies
> [2,3,4] from building.  Apparently, Fedora has patches to fix this [5].
>
> I would be happy to maintain dbus-c++, however it would first need to be
> moved to [community] (as well as libffado [2]).  Is this ok?

Is this possible, and if so, who has the right to move the packages from
[extra] to [community]?

If somebody else wants to adopt dbus-c++ and fix it, that's be fine too :)

Thanks,
Baptiste

> [1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/dbus-c++/
> [2] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libffado/
> [3] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/kimtoy/
> [4] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ring-daemon/
> [5] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/dbus-c++.git/log/?h=f26

Re: Moving dbus-c++ from [extra] to [community]

Bartłomiej Piotrowski-3
On 06/11/2017 01:44 PM, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 10:49:29PM +0200, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
>> dbus-c++ [1] is orphaned, but needs some love to work with GCC 7.
>> Currently, it does not build, and also prevents its reverse dependencies
>> [2,3,4] from building.  Apparently, Fedora has patches to fix this [5].
>>
>> I would be happy to maintain dbus-c++, however it would first need to be
>> moved to [community] (as well as libffado [2]).  Is this ok?
>
> Is this possible, and if so, who has the right to move the packages from
> [extra] to [community]?
>
> If somebody else wants to adopt dbus-c++ and fix it, that's be fine too :)
>
> Thanks,
> Baptiste
>

>> [1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/dbus-c++/
>> [2] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libffado/
>> [3] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/kimtoy/
>> [4] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ring-daemon/
>> [5] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/dbus-c++.git/log/?h=f26

I'll move it tomorrow (unless someone beats me to it). We should
probably give up on the self-contained [extra] rule as it causes more
problems than it solves.

Bartłomiej

On 06/11/2017 02:12 PM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:

> On 06/11/2017 01:44 PM, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 10:49:29PM +0200, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
>>> dbus-c++ [1] is orphaned, but needs some love to work with GCC 7.
>>> Currently, it does not build, and also prevents its reverse dependencies
>>> [2,3,4] from building.  Apparently, Fedora has patches to fix this [5].
>>>
>>> I would be happy to maintain dbus-c++, however it would first need to be
>>> moved to [community] (as well as libffado [2]).  Is this ok?
>>
>> Is this possible, and if so, who has the right to move the packages from
>> [extra] to [community]?
>>
>> If somebody else wants to adopt dbus-c++ and fix it, that's be fine too :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Baptiste
>>

>>> [1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/dbus-c++/
>>> [2] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libffado/
>>> [3] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/kimtoy/
>>> [4] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ring-daemon/
>>> [5] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/dbus-c++.git/log/?h=f26
>
> I'll move it tomorrow (unless someone beats me to it). We should
> probably give up on the self-contained [extra] rule as it causes more
> problems than it solves.
>
> Bartłomiej

Done. Have fun fixing it.