PKGBUILD depends() question

tur-users mailing list
When creating PKGBUILD how can I find the dependency of a package to fill
the depends() array? Many thanks to your help.

Re: PKGBUILD depends() question

tur-users mailing list
Try to figure out what upstream lists as dependencies, & check against
namcap[1]

[1] - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Namcap#Dependencies

- Rob

> When creating PKGBUILD how can I find the dependency of a package to fill
> the depends() array? Many thanks to your help.

Re: PKGBUILD depends() question

tur-users mailing list
Thank you for the reply. And forgive me for being a newbie. I am just
confuse how do you get the upstream lists?

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 11:11 PM, Robin Broda via aur-general <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try to figure out what upstream lists as dependencies, & check against
> namcap[1]
>
> [1] - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Namcap#Dependencies
>
> - Rob
>

> On 02/19/2018 05:08 AM, Future Trailer via aur-general wrote:
>
>> When creating PKGBUILD how can I find the dependency of a package to fill
>> the depends() array? Many thanks to your help.

Re: PKGBUILD depends() question

tur-users mailing list
Depends on the project, but upstream usually has a list of dependencies in
the build instructions or somewhere at the development page.

What package are you trying to make a PKGBUILD for specifically?

tors 22 feb. 2018 kl. 02:06 skrev Future Trailer via aur-general <
[hidden email]>:

> Thank you for the reply. And forgive me for being a newbie. I am just
> confuse how do you get the upstream lists?
>
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 11:11 PM, Robin Broda via aur-general <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Try to figure out what upstream lists as dependencies, & check against
> > namcap[1]
> >
> > [1] - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Namcap#Dependencies
> >
> > - Rob
> >

> > On 02/19/2018 05:08 AM, Future Trailer via aur-general wrote:
> >
> >> When creating PKGBUILD how can I find the dependency of a package to
> fill
> >> the depends() array? Many thanks to your help.

Re: PKGBUILD depends() question

In the documentation FAQ there's a "Is there a package for my Operating
System?" topic. From there there's a link to install instructions. Look
there. Otherwise it seems like they are happy to help you if you ask them.