Package not updating on AUR

I recently became the co-maintainer of the plex-sub-zero package [1]. I
pushed to it's repo, but the
version isn't being updated on the AUR. Should the AUR update when I push,
or does the maintainer need to do anything?

If you check out the PKGBUILD, it shows the updated file.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plex-sub-zero/

--
*Kyle* *McNally |* *IT Architect*
Jani-King
 | 727.509.6283

Re: Package not updating on AUR

Tinu Weber
On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 14:16:23 +0000, Kyle McNally via aur-general wrote:
> I recently became the co-maintainer of the plex-sub-zero package [1]. I
> pushed to it's repo, but the
> version isn't being updated on the AUR. Should the AUR update when I push,
> or does the maintainer need to do anything?
>
> If you check out the PKGBUILD, it shows the updated file.

Your .SRCINFO still shows the old version, so you probably forgot to
regenerate it with makepkg --printsrcinfo (see [1]).

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Uploading_packages

Re: Package not updating on AUR

tur-users mailing list
On 01/15/2018 09:30 AM, Tinu Weber wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 14:16:23 +0000, Kyle McNally via aur-general wrote:
>> I recently became the co-maintainer of the plex-sub-zero package [1]. I
>> pushed to it's repo, but the
>> version isn't being updated on the AUR. Should the AUR update when I push,
>> or does the maintainer need to do anything?
>>
>> If you check out the PKGBUILD, it shows the updated file.
>
> Your .SRCINFO still shows the old version, so you probably forgot to
> regenerate it with makepkg --printsrcinfo (see [1]).
>
> [1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Uploading_packages
Actually, the .SRCINFO was appended to rather than overwritten with the
new version.

Le 15/01/2018 à 15:16, Kyle McNally via aur-general a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I recently became the co-maintainer of the plex-sub-zero package [1]. I
> pushed to it's repo, but the
> version isn't being updated on the AUR. Should the AUR update when I push,
> or does the maintainer need to do anything?
>
> If you check out the PKGBUILD, it shows the updated file.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plex-sub-zero/
The .SRCINFO looks wrong:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/.SRCINFO?h=plex-sub-zero&id=ea6986ce32228c377854434186b4891307196d90.
The old entry is still there, and the new one is likely not parsed or
ignored. You need to remove the what was in the file before your last
update.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Package not updating on AUR

tur-users mailing list
On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 9:32 AM Bruno Pagani via aur-general <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 15/01/2018 à 15:16, Kyle McNally via aur-general a écrit :
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently became the co-maintainer of the plex-sub-zero package [1]. I
> > pushed to it's repo, but the
> > version isn't being updated on the AUR. Should the AUR update when I
> push,
> > or does the maintainer need to do anything?
> >
> > If you check out the PKGBUILD, it shows the updated file.
> >
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plex-sub-zero/
>
> The .SRCINFO looks wrong:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/.SRCINFO?h=plex-sub-zero&id=ea6986ce32228c377854434186b4891307196d90
> .
> The old entry is still there, and the new one is likely not parsed or
> ignored. You need to remove the what was in the file before your last
> update.
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Ah, Man! Embarrassed that I missed that! Thanks for the help everyone.
Package working as expected now.

--
*Kyle* *McNally |* *IT Architect*
Jani-King
2469 Sunset Point Road |  Clearwater, FL 33765 |  Office 727.797.7744
 | 727.509.6283
[hidden email]