Packages for adoption

Bartłomiej Piotrowski-3
I orphaned some of packages I no longer use.

Packages in extra that can be moved to community:
davfs2
fsarchiver
git-review
nginx-mainline
bitlbee
asciidoctor
tcpdump
weechat
whois

Packages that can't go away from extra:
json-c (required by extra/bind)
libotr (required by some KDE stuff)

Packages I'd like to give away if there's interest:
libva, libva-intel-driver (required by extra/ffmpeg)
transmission, irqbalance, nasm (movable to community)
boost (has to stay in extra due to dependent packages)

Let me know here or on IRC what has been adopted.

Bartłomiej

Re: Packages for adoption

Gaetan Bisson-2
[2017-04-18 08:53:07 +0200] Bartłomiej Piotrowski:
> tcpdump
> whois

I've just adopted them; they can stay in [extra].

Cheers.

Gaetan

Re: Packages for adoption

Christian Rebischke-2
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 08:53:07AM +0200, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:

> I orphaned some of packages I no longer use.
>
> Packages in extra that can be moved to community:
> davfs2
> fsarchiver
> git-review
> nginx-mainline
> bitlbee
> asciidoctor
> tcpdump
> weechat
> whois
>
> Packages that can't go away from extra:
> json-c (required by extra/bind)
> libotr (required by some KDE stuff)
>
> Packages I'd like to give away if there's interest:
> libva, libva-intel-driver (required by extra/ffmpeg)
> transmission, irqbalance, nasm (movable to community)
> boost (has to stay in extra due to dependent packages)
>
> Let me know here or on IRC what has been adopted.
>
> Bartłomiej
Hello Bartłomiej,
I would like to adopt the following packages when you move them to
community:

weechat
tcpdump
whois

I use all three of them.

best greetings from Germany,
Chris

Re: Packages for adoption

Christian Rebischke-2
On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 09:08:25PM -1000, Gaetan Bisson wrote:

> [2017-04-18 08:53:07 +0200] Bartłomiej Piotrowski:
> > tcpdump
> > whois
>
> I've just adopted them; they can stay in [extra].
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Gaetan

Ahh ok, seems like Gaetan was faster :)
But I would still adopt weechat.

chris

Re: Packages for adoption

Bartłomiej Piotrowski-3
On 2017-04-18 09:42, Christian Rebischke wrote:

> Hello Bartłomiej,
> I would like to adopt the following packages when you move them to
> community:
>
> weechat
> tcpdump
> whois
>
> I use all three of them.
>
> best greetings from Germany,
> Chris

I will move weechat to [community] later today. You will also want
asciidoctor, it's required for building man pages.

Bartłomiej

Re: Packages for adoption

Christian Rebischke-2
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 09:46:55AM +0200, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:

> On 2017-04-18 09:42, Christian Rebischke wrote:
> > Hello Bartłomiej,
> > I would like to adopt the following packages when you move them to
> > community:
> >
> > weechat
> > tcpdump
> > whois
> >
> > I use all three of them.
> >
> > best greetings from Germany,
> > Chris
> >

> I will move weechat to [community] later today. You will also want
> asciidoctor, it's required for building man pages.
>
> Bartłomiej
sure, just drop asciidoctor also and I will adopt it.

Re: Packages for adoption

arch dev mailing list
I've adopted transmission

Florian

Re: Packages for adoption

Jelle van der Waa-2
I've adopted bitlbee.

--
Jelle van der Waa

Re: Packages for adoption

Felix Yan-2
On 04/18/2017 02:53 PM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> git-review

Adopted this one as I use it regularly.

Felix Yan

Re: Packages for adoption

Maxime Gauduin-2
On 4/18/2017 8:53 AM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:

> I orphaned some of packages I no longer use.
>
> Packages in extra that can be moved to community:
> davfs2
> fsarchiver
> git-review
> nginx-mainline
> bitlbee
> asciidoctor
> tcpdump
> weechat
> whois
>
> Packages that can't go away from extra:
> json-c (required by extra/bind)
> libotr (required by some KDE stuff)
>
> Packages I'd like to give away if there's interest:
> libva, libva-intel-driver (required by extra/ffmpeg)
> transmission, irqbalance, nasm (movable to community)
> boost (has to stay in extra due to dependent packages)
>
> Let me know here or on IRC what has been adopted.
>
> Bartłomiej

Adopted libva and libva-intel-driver.

Maxime

Re: Packages for adoption

Giancarlo Razzolini-2
Em abril 18, 2017 3:53 Bartłomiej Piotrowski escreveu:
> I orphaned some of packages I no longer use.
>
> Packages in extra that can be moved to community:
> nginx-mainline

I would probably adopt this one, if you move it to community, since I
use nginx-mainline on some of my servers.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini

Re: Packages for adoption

Bartłomiej Piotrowski-3
On 2017-04-19 04:12, Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:

> Em abril 18, 2017 3:53 Bartłomiej Piotrowski escreveu:
>> I orphaned some of packages I no longer use.
>>
>> Packages in extra that can be moved to community:
>> nginx-mainline
>
> I would probably adopt this one, if you move it to community, since I
> use nginx-mainline on some of my servers.
>
> Cheers,
> Giancarlo Razzolini

I am too lazy to make crossrepomove work correctly if a package is
available both in stable in testing, I will move it after OpenSSL 1.1
hits [core]. Thanks!

Re: Packages for adoption

Giancarlo Razzolini-2
Em abril 19, 2017 14:04 Bartłomiej Piotrowski escreveu:

> I am too lazy to make crossrepomove work correctly if a package is
> available both in stable in testing, I will move it after OpenSSL 1.1
> hits [core]. Thanks!

I'll keep an eye for it.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini