Phasing out cwiid

David Runge
Hey all,

I'd like to phase out cwiid [1] (as it's super old and unmaintained).
Currently it's an optdepends for supercollider, but its use will be
deprecated in the next version [2], so I will remove it there
eventually.

The only other packages depending on it are kodi (make) and
kodi-eventclients.
However, is it really required there?

For now, I rebuilt cwiid, but I guess it could be dropped midterm, if
it's not a hard requirement for kodi et al.

Best,
David

[1] https://github.com/abstrakraft/cwiid
[2] https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/issues/3320

--
https://sleepmap.de

Re: Phasing out cwiid

arch dev mailing list
On 4 December 2017 at 17:51, David Runge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The only other packages depending on it are kodi (make) and
> kodi-eventclients.
> However, is it really required there?

Your findings are also reflected in the wiki [1] and I would say drop
it. But it is required by kodi-eventclients for
kodi-eventclients-wiiremote component, which you will have to remove.
Anyone using Kodi with a Wiimote will lose functionality, but they can
check if Xwiimote works as well for them.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wiimote

GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1

Re: Phasing out cwiid

David Runge
On 2017-12-04 20:24:20 (+0600), Rashif Ray Rahman via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Your findings are also reflected in the wiki [1] and I would say drop
> it. But it is required by kodi-eventclients for
> kodi-eventclients-wiiremote component, which you will have to remove.
> Anyone using Kodi with a Wiimote will lose functionality, but they can
> check if Xwiimote works as well for them.
I have rebuilt cwiid to fix some issues with the PKGBUILD, but the
supercollider package has dropped its dependency for it now (was built
without it since 3.8.0 anyways).

Now waiting on Ike Devolder to get back to me on the topic of kodi.

Best,
David

--
https://sleepmap.de

Re: Phasing out cwiid

arch dev mailing list
On 28-12-17 10:34, David Runge wrote:

> Now waiting on Ike Devolder to get back to me on the topic of kodi.
>
> Best,
> David

It's removed since 17.6-2 in community so you can just remove cwiid if
you want.

Ike