Please update the Cinnamon packages

arch general mailing list-2
Good morning,

Our Cinnamon packages, from maintainer Alexandre Filgueiras (
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?maintainer=faidoc), have been
out-of-date for a while now.

Someone asked on Reddit a month ago about this (
https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/6axs8n/to_alexandre_filgueria_why_is_cinnamon_34_not/)
and was informed that the packages are up-to-date in Antergos. I appreciate
that Mr. Filgueira is the founder and project leader for Antergos.

Since the Cinnamon packages are currently lagging 5 months behind official
releases, I'd like to ask Mr Filgueira to either step up and update the
packages, or possibily consider handing over the maintanership in the best
interest of the community. The Cinnamon DE is developing fast, and a rather
large number of quirks are fixed each release.

There's a git version in AUR, but it's basically broken (the PKGBUILD
themselves, and the sources - it's dev version after all). I'd create
another AUR package myself for the most up-to-date version, but we have a
policy of not doing that for official packages. Anyway, I would volunteer
to maintain Cinnamon, if needed.

Thanks for your consideration.

Re: Please update the Cinnamon packages

arch general mailing list-2
Good morning,

With Cinnamon 3.4.2 released 2 days ago, the version available in the
official repository is now 3 releases behind.

I exhort those in charge to please give this matter some attention.

Thanks.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Marcelo Ranolfi <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Our Cinnamon packages, from maintainer Alexandre Filgueiras (
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?maintainer=faidoc), have been
> out-of-date for a while now.
>
> Someone asked on Reddit a month ago about this (https://www.reddit.com/r/
> archlinux/comments/6axs8n/to_alexandre_filgueria_why_is_cinnamon_34_not/)
> and was informed that the packages are up-to-date in Antergos. I appreciate
> that Mr. Filgueira is the founder and project leader for Antergos.
>
> Since the Cinnamon packages are currently lagging 5 months behind official
> releases, I'd like to ask Mr Filgueira to either step up and update the
> packages, or possibily consider handing over the maintanership in the best
> interest of the community. The Cinnamon DE is developing fast, and a rather
> large number of quirks are fixed each release.
>
> There's a git version in AUR, but it's basically broken (the PKGBUILD
> themselves, and the sources - it's dev version after all). I'd create
> another AUR package myself for the most up-to-date version, but we have a
> policy of not doing that for official packages. Anyway, I would volunteer
> to maintain Cinnamon, if needed.
>
> Thanks for your consideration.

Re: Please update the Cinnamon packages

arch general mailing list-2
Might he be waiting on Linux Mint 18.2 to be released before updating? (all
of the major bugs should be fixed by then)

On Jun 21, 2017 11:39 PM, "Marcelo "Marc" Ranolfi via arch-general" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> With Cinnamon 3.4.2 released 2 days ago, the version available in the
> official repository is now 3 releases behind.
>
> I exhort those in charge to please give this matter some attention.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Marcelo Ranolfi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Good morning,
> >
> > Our Cinnamon packages, from maintainer Alexandre Filgueiras (
> > https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?maintainer=faidoc), have been
> > out-of-date for a while now.
> >
> > Someone asked on Reddit a month ago about this (
> https://www.reddit.com/r/
> > archlinux/comments/6axs8n/to_alexandre_filgueria_why_is_
> cinnamon_34_not/)
> > and was informed that the packages are up-to-date in Antergos. I
> appreciate
> > that Mr. Filgueira is the founder and project leader for Antergos.
> >
> > Since the Cinnamon packages are currently lagging 5 months behind
> official
> > releases, I'd like to ask Mr Filgueira to either step up and update the
> > packages, or possibily consider handing over the maintanership in the
> best
> > interest of the community. The Cinnamon DE is developing fast, and a
> rather
> > large number of quirks are fixed each release.
> >
> > There's a git version in AUR, but it's basically broken (the PKGBUILD
> > themselves, and the sources - it's dev version after all). I'd create
> > another AUR package myself for the most up-to-date version, but we have a
> > policy of not doing that for official packages. Anyway, I would volunteer
> > to maintain Cinnamon, if needed.
> >
> > Thanks for your consideration.

Re: Please update the Cinnamon packages

arch general mailing list-2
I highly doubt it, since it's up-to-date in Antergos (although I suspect
it's an automated build)

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 2:16 AM, mike lojkovic via arch-general <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Might he be waiting on Linux Mint 18.2 to be released before updating? (all
> of the major bugs should be fixed by then)
>
> On Jun 21, 2017 11:39 PM, "Marcelo "Marc" Ranolfi via arch-general" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Good morning,
> >
> > With Cinnamon 3.4.2 released 2 days ago, the version available in the
> > official repository is now 3 releases behind.
> >
> > I exhort those in charge to please give this matter some attention.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Marcelo Ranolfi <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Good morning,
> > >
> > > Our Cinnamon packages, from maintainer Alexandre Filgueiras (
> > > https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?maintainer=faidoc), have been
> > > out-of-date for a while now.
> > >
> > > Someone asked on Reddit a month ago about this (
> > https://www.reddit.com/r/
> > > archlinux/comments/6axs8n/to_alexandre_filgueria_why_is_
> > cinnamon_34_not/)
> > > and was informed that the packages are up-to-date in Antergos. I
> > appreciate
> > > that Mr. Filgueira is the founder and project leader for Antergos.
> > >
> > > Since the Cinnamon packages are currently lagging 5 months behind
> > official
> > > releases, I'd like to ask Mr Filgueira to either step up and update the
> > > packages, or possibily consider handing over the maintanership in the
> > best
> > > interest of the community. The Cinnamon DE is developing fast, and a
> > rather
> > > large number of quirks are fixed each release.
> > >
> > > There's a git version in AUR, but it's basically broken (the PKGBUILD
> > > themselves, and the sources - it's dev version after all). I'd create
> > > another AUR package myself for the most up-to-date version, but we
> have a
> > > policy of not doing that for official packages. Anyway, I would
> volunteer
> > > to maintain Cinnamon, if needed.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your consideration.

Re: Please update the Cinnamon packages

arch general mailing list-2
I see Cinnamon is back on track according to the official releases.

Thank you (and congratulations) to the packagers.

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 2:33 AM, Marcelo "Marc" Ranolfi <[hidden email]