Python Rebuild Delay

Greg Meyer-3
I am just curious why there is such a long delay between rebuilding apps that
depend on the Python2.5 in the testing repo.  Does anybody know?

Is it because there are problems, or lack of time on the maintainer's part,
etc.  There are lots of packages that are broken because of the addition of
2.5, and it just seems like a long time has gone by since 2.5 was introduced.
I've gone ahead and rebuilt the packages myself for the things that had
issues on my box, so I am not complaining, I'm just curious.
--
Greg

G B

Re: Python Rebuild Delay

Jason Chu
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:17:22 -0500
Greg Meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am just curious why there is such a long delay between rebuilding
> apps that depend on the Python2.5 in the testing repo.  Does anybody
> know?
>
> Is it because there are problems, or lack of time on the maintainer's
> part, etc.  There are lots of packages that are broken because of the
> addition of 2.5, and it just seems like a long time has gone by since
> 2.5 was introduced. I've gone ahead and rebuilt the packages myself
> for the things that had issues on my box, so I am not complaining,
> I'm just curious.
It's mostly just maintainer time.  I'm so busy with work that I can't
really do all the rebuilding myself.

The developer web interface lets us create a todo list so that all the
developers can rebuild their own packages when they get a chance.
Sadly, it's been broken for a while so I haven't been able to give the
other developers their lists.

Jason