Re: IDE dvd-rw loaded as scsi drive

Snarkout
Well, after trying every suggested fix I could find on the net, it turns out
it was a BIOS setting.  I recently added a sata drive to the onboard
controller, and I guess it was after that that I had the cdrom issues.  I
needed to set my intel sata controller to "enhanced" rather than auto.  Now
things are spiffy.  FOr the record I did not need to add kopt lines or add
static modules to mkinitramfs or mkinitcpio.  It works fine with vanilla
settings and that BIOS option.

Snarkout