Re: crash in pacman 2.9.8

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: crash in pacman 2.9.8

Roman Kyrylych
OK, I've looked at this machine, where pacman crashed, and found no
corruption in db. Only ghostscript-8.15.3-1.pkg.tar.gz.part and
/tmp/pacman.lck was left.
So, I tried pacman -Su and got exactly the same crash. :-)
Then i run pacman -Svu (still pacman 2.9.8) and
. . .
connecting to archlinux.antesis.org:80
connect: Connection refused
error: cannot connect to archlinux.antesis.org
*** glibc detected *** pacman: double free or corruption (fasttop):
0x0864d6e8 ***
. . .
phrakture, you was right about antesis!
Then I commented archlinux.antesis.org from /etc/pacman.d/{current,extra}
and pacman hanged at connecting to ftp.kegep.tuc.gr:21 but after a
minute or more continued and ended with
error: failed to retrieve some files from current

I'll try to do pacman -Su with pacman3.
Any suggestions how to compile pacman3 so it could work with pacman2
simultaneously?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)
_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: crash in pacman 2.9.8

Roman Kyrylych
2006/10/25, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]>:

> OK, I've looked at this machine, where pacman crashed, and found no
> corruption in db. Only ghostscript-8.15.3-1.pkg.tar.gz.part and
> /tmp/pacman.lck was left.
> So, I tried pacman -Su and got exactly the same crash. :-)
> Then i run pacman -Svu (still pacman 2.9.8) and
> . . .
> connecting to archlinux.antesis.org:80
> connect: Connection refused
> error: cannot connect to archlinux.antesis.org
> *** glibc detected *** pacman: double free or corruption (fasttop):
> 0x0864d6e8 ***
> . . .
> phrakture, you was right about antesis!
> Then I commented archlinux.antesis.org from /etc/pacman.d/{current,extra}
> and pacman hanged at connecting to ftp.kegep.tuc.gr:21 but after a
> minute or more continued and ended with
> error: failed to retrieve some files from current
>
> I'll try to do pacman -Su with pacman3.
> Any suggestions how to compile pacman3 so it could work with pacman2
> simultaneously?

OK, I've checked this with Pacman 3 ( /usr/local/bin/pacman.static -Su ):
. . .
connect: Connection refused
[12:19:08] warning: cannot connect to archlinux.antesis.org
. . .
[12:23:45] warning: failed to retrieve some files from current

error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)


It seems that this bug is fixed in Pacman 3! :-)


BTW, make install complained about Hungarian man files:

 /bin/install -c -m 644 'pacman.8' '/usr/local/share/man/hu/man8/pacman.8'
/bin/install: cannot stat `pacman.8': No such file or directory
 /bin/install -c -m 644 'makepkg.8' '/usr/local/share/man/hu/man8/makepkg.8'
/bin/install: cannot stat `makepkg.8': No such file or directory
 /bin/install -c -m 644 'PKGBUILD.8' '/usr/local/share/man/hu/man8/PKGBUILD.8'
/bin/install: cannot stat `PKGBUILD.8': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [install-man8] Помилка 1
make[3]: Залишаю каталог "/root/cvs/pacman-lib/doc/hu"
make[2]: *** [install-am] Помилка 2
make[2]: Залишаю каталог "/root/cvs/pacman-lib/doc/hu"
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Помилка 1
make[1]: Залишаю каталог "/root/cvs/pacman-lib/doc"
make: *** [install-recursive] Помилка 1

Sorry, parts of messages are in Ukrainian because I use uk_UA.KOI8-U locale.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)
_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: crash in pacman 2.9.8

Miklos Vajna
In reply to this post by Roman Kyrylych
On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 11:28:18AM +0300, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Any suggestions how to compile pacman3 so it could work with pacman2
> simultaneously?

./configure, make, sudo cp src/bin/pacman.static /usr/bin/pacman3

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org

_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: crash in pacman 2.9.8

Miklos Vajna
In reply to this post by Roman Kyrylych
On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 12:25:09PM +0300, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]> wrote:

> BTW, make install complained about Hungarian man files:
>
>  /bin/install -c -m 644 'pacman.8' '/usr/local/share/man/hu/man8/pacman.8'
> /bin/install: cannot stat `pacman.8': No such file or directory
>  /bin/install -c -m 644 'makepkg.8' '/usr/local/share/man/hu/man8/makepkg.8'
> /bin/install: cannot stat `makepkg.8': No such file or directory
>  /bin/install -c -m 644 'PKGBUILD.8' '/usr/local/share/man/hu/man8/PKGBUILD.8'
> /bin/install: cannot stat `PKGBUILD.8': No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [install-man8] ??????? 1
> make[3]: ??????? ??????? "/root/cvs/pacman-lib/doc/hu"
> make[2]: *** [install-am] ??????? 2
> make[2]: ??????? ??????? "/root/cvs/pacman-lib/doc/hu"
> make[1]: *** [install-recursive] ??????? 1
> make[1]: ??????? ??????? "/root/cvs/pacman-lib/doc"
> make: *** [install-recursive] ??????? 1
>
> Sorry, parts of messages are in Ukrainian because I use uk_UA.KOI8-U locale.

i think something happened during the merge since it works in our tree

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org

_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: crash in pacman 2.9.8

Roman Kyrylych
In reply to this post by Miklos Vajna
2006/10/25, VMiklos <[hidden email]>:
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 11:28:18AM +0300, Roman Kyrylych <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Any suggestions how to compile pacman3 so it could work with pacman2
> > simultaneously?
>
> ./configure, make, sudo cp src/bin/pacman.static /usr/bin/pacman3

Thanks, I already figured all by myself.
I just used ./configure with default prefix /usr/local, so everything
was placed there.
BTW, make uninstall left LC_MESSAGES in /usr/locale/share/{locale,man}
I think I'll get accustomed to diffing/patching today, so I'll be able
to send a bunch of different patches. ;-)

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)
_______________________________________________
pacman-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/pacman-dev