Remaining TODO lists - Part 1: Packages with missing sources

Remaining TODO lists - Part 1: Packages with missing sources

Allan McRae
We have a number of TODO lists that have not been completed.

The "Packages with missing sources" list [1] was created more than six
months ago (2016-08-09).  These packages are either genuinely no longer
have an upstream source, or are just sitting unmaintained in our repos.
Either way, the should not be in our repos.

I will remove any package still on that list in a week.

Allan

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/todo/packages-with-missing-sources/

Re: Remaining TODO lists - Part 1: Packages with missing sources

arch dev mailing list
On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 3:51 AM Allan McRae <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The "Packages with missing sources" list [1] was created more than six
> months ago (2016-08-09).  These packages are either genuinely no longer
> have an upstream source, or are just sitting unmaintained in our repos.

I set 'archboot' to completed (it was building fine) and fixed the
'license' sources.

Re: Remaining TODO lists - Part 1: Packages with missing sources

Lukas Fleischer-2
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 at 03:51:25, Allan McRae wrote:
> We have a number of TODO lists that have not been completed.
>
> The "Packages with missing sources" list [1] was created more than six
> months ago (2016-08-09).  These packages are either genuinely no longer
> have an upstream source, or are just sitting unmaintained in our repos.
> Either way, the should not be in our repos.
>
> I will remove any package still on that list in a week.

I am going to move wyrd to the AUR, unless there are any objections.
There has not been any release for ~4 years and the upstream website is
gone.

I also plan on dropping both esmtp and libesmtp, once balsa no longer
depends on it (the current development snapshot no longer depends on
libesmtp already, see [1]).

[1] https://github.com/GNOME/balsa/commit/ce95037

On 26/03/17 11:51, Allan McRae wrote:
> We have a number of TODO lists that have not been completed.
>
> The "Packages with missing sources" list [1] was created more than six
> months ago (2016-08-09).  These packages are either genuinely no longer
> have an upstream source, or are just sitting unmaintained in our repos.
> Either way, the should not be in our repos.
>
> I will remove any package still on that list in a week.

A bit over a week later, and there are four packages remaining:

mangler
mashup
multibit
ozerocdoff

Last chance!

On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 at 12:45:51, Allan McRae wrote:

> On 26/03/17 11:51, Allan McRae wrote:
> [...]
> > I will remove any package still on that list in a week.
> >

> A bit over a week later, and there are four packages remaining:
>
> mangler
> mashup
> multibit
> ozerocdoff
>
> Last chance!

I removed all of them and hsolink which depended on ozerocdoff.