Remove CAcert root certs

arch dev mailing list
Hi list,

I completely agree with https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/59690 and would
like to remove the ca-certificates-cacert package from our repos and our
default providers. The ca-certificates package will lose the depends and
gain a replaces and conflicts on -cacert.

Any objections?

Greetings,
Jan

Re: Remove CAcert root certs

Pierre Schmitz
Absolutely fine with me. Things have changed and there are better
options like "Let's Encrypt".

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:21 PM, Jan Alexander Steffens
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I completely agree with https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/59690 and would like
> to remove the ca-certificates-cacert package from our repos and our default
> providers. The ca-certificates package will lose the depends and gain a
> replaces and conflicts on -cacert.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Greetings,
> Jan

Re: Remove CAcert root certs

arch dev mailing list
Em agosto 21, 2018 15:25 Pierre Schmitz escreveu:

> Absolutely fine with me. Things have changed and there are better
> options like "Let's Encrypt".
>
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:21 PM, Jan Alexander Steffens
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I completely agree with https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/59690 and would like
>> to remove the ca-certificates-cacert package from our repos and our default
>> providers. The ca-certificates package will lose the depends and gain a
>> replaces and conflicts on -cacert.
>>
>> Any objections?

+ 1 for removal. We don't use CACert and I don't think anyone else should be using
it for anything production related.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini