Quantcast

TU Application: Christian Rebischke

Christian Rebischke-2
Hello everyone,
I am Christian Rebischke (in the internet mostly known as 'shibumi') and
I would like to increase my work in the Arch Linux Community and become
Arch Linux TU. Thanks to Florian Pritz (bluewind) for being my sponsor.

Maybe you know me already from the Arch Linux Security Team [1], but let
me introduce me first.

I was born in Goslar (Germany) in 1992 and I had first contact with Arch
Linux with around 18. This is now more than 6 years ago. Before I had a
long journey through the debian world with Ubuntu and Debian. Currently
I study computer science at TU-Clausthal and I am halftime employed as
Software Engineer at our Institute for Software Systems Engineering and
as System Administrator at our Datacenter and the Institute for
Mathematics [2]. January 2015 I started with my work in the Arch Linux
Security Team and around half a year later I became official member of
Arch Linux Security Team. If I recall correctly I pushed my first
package into the AUR in 2014. At the moment I maintain 45 packages in
the AUR [3]. Most of them are vim-plugins, python libraries or tools for
malware analysis. I am interested in malware analysis, reverse
engineering, large scale system administration, devops. I know python,
bash, C, C++, Java, x86 assembler and some Rust, but I wouldn't call my
self a professional developer. (Something that I want to change with my
job in the Institute for Software Systems Engineering). Moreover I am
quite active in the opensource community. I contributed small patches to
systemd and others. The current project that I support with pull
requests is powerlevel9k [4], a nice powerline for zsh.

Non-technical interests are asian languages like Chinese
(你们好,我会说一点点中文) and japanese (今日はみなさん), asian culture
and cooking.

If I become a TU I would want to adopt the following orphan packages in
[community]:

- ascii
- audit
- bup
- connman

Furthermore I would like to push the following packages from [AUR] to
[community] (if the maintainers agree with it):

- arch-audit
- systemtap

I also provide an Arch Linux Vagrant box and I would love to get 1-2
other people together and doing some official out of this [5]. I
currently only provide virtualbox as hypervisor. My plan are monthly
snapshots like CentOS does.

Best ways to contact me are IRC (I am on freenode, oftc and hackint as
shibumi and hangout in different #archlinux channels like #archlinux.de)
the german archlinux.de forum and mail. My PGP Key fingerprint is:
6DAF 7B80 8F9D F251 3962  0000 D214 61E3 DFE2 060D

best regards,

Chris

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/people/support-staff/
[2] https://en.nullday.de/about/
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=Shibumi
[4] https://github.com/bhilburn/powerlevel9k
[5] https://atlas.hashicorp.com/archlinux/boxes/archlinux/

Re: TU Application: Christian Rebischke

tur-users mailing list
On 17.02.2017 15:25, Christian Rebischke wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am Christian Rebischke (in the internet mostly known as 'shibumi') and
> I would like to increase my work in the Arch Linux Community and become
> Arch Linux TU. Thanks to Florian Pritz (bluewind) for being my sponsor.

I confirm my sponsorship. Let the discussion begin.

Florian

Re: TU Application: Christian Rebischke

Levente Polyak-3
On 02/17/2017 03:25 PM, Christian Rebischke wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am Christian Rebischke (in the internet mostly known as 'shibumi') and
> I would like to increase my work in the Arch Linux Community and become
> Arch Linux TU. Thanks to Florian Pritz (bluewind) for being my sponsor.

First at all:
I know shibumi for quite a while now (also personally in meat space) and
what i could say in a short summary: great news!! *cheer* :D

So far its bit lonely in this thread *tumbleweed*... lets get this
rolling a bit. I'm also sure one or the other may miss my reply :P

zsh> xxarhtna --pedantic --input aur/shibumi
[+] Starting up xxarhtna
[+] Analyzing 46 packages
[+] Dumping 18 results...

apk-signer:
- upstream seems gone, googlecode redirects to a 404 github and search
  doesn't reveal any trace of upstream existence. Bit meh it vanished
  and there is only a binary blob left on a random dropbox >.>

awesome-terminal-fonts:
- you could distribute the non-common license as its available in the
  tarball
- fc-cache in .install is not needed anymore as thats handled by a
  pacman hook
- the .install creates a symlink and if the package gets uninstalled a
  dangling symlink will remain pointing into nothing.

awesome-terminal-fonts-git:
- same as awesome-terminal-fonts

binnavi:
- makes sense to use ${pkgver} in source, otherwise it tends to be
  forgotten on bump :P
- the combination of mkdir + mv can be simplified with a single
  install -Dm 644
- the custom start script calls /usr/bin/java (which can by java6) but
  it seem to require >= 8 (< please note the comment about binnavi-git
  related to fixing this)

binnavi-git:
- the combination of mkdir + mv can be simplified with a single
  install -Dm 644
- the custom start script calls a java-8 specific path, but the
  dependency is specified as >= 8. If a java >= 9 will arrive, it may
  not work if java8 is not installed, while the dependency is still
  fulfilled. Either pin the version to java8 and use a java8 path or
  do some dynamic sorcery to find the proper jre java executable.

cloud-buster:
- makes sense to use ${pkgver} in source, otherwise it tends to be
  forgotten on bump :P
- requires python-dnspython as optdepends in its mxrecords.py

inetsim:
- perlipq dependency does not seem to exist
- upstream provides gpg signatures that can be used
- grep inetsim in the install file isn't safe enough as it can match
  anything (theoretically) use getent instead.
- gid 16 is already reserved for stunnel

libemu:
- whitespace after '--prefix=/usr' :P :D

nyan:
- makes sense to use ${pkgver} in source, otherwise it tends to be
  forgotten on bump :P

puppetserver:
-  upstream gpg signature are available

python-requests-cache:
- needs (make)depends of python-requests
- with adding checkdepends of python{2}-pytest and python{2}-mock you
  can add a check() call doing py.test and py.test2

python-pypdns:
- requires dependency of python{2}-requests (see source)
- optdepends of python{2}-requests-cache.
- license could be shipped as its available in the tarball

python-pymisp:
- 2.4.65 is out :P
- requires python{2}-requests python{2}-dateutil python{2}-jsonschema
  as dependens
- optionally requires a new package python{2}-pyme otherwise the
  sign and verify functionality of this will error out
- with python{2}-pytest and python{2}-requests-mock a check() can be
  used running py.test and py.test2

python-piexif:
- when adding python{2}-pytest and python{2}-pillow to checkdepends, a
  check() can be used having set PYTHONPATH=. running py.test and
  py.test2

python-pefile:
- update available :P
- "setup.py check" doesn't do what you think it does, it only checks
  some metadata and stuff, the target for setup.py you are looking for
  is "test"... but there are no tests provided by the exported tarball
  version you choose (there are also non-exported source tarballs
  containing them)

python-virustotal-api:
- "setup.py check" doesn't do what you think it does, it only checks
  some metadata and stuff, the target for setup.py you are looking for
  is "test"... if you want to run tests it provides nosetests via
  ./tests
- requires dependency python{2}-requests

python-terminaltables:
- distributing LICENSE would be neat as they are inside the tarball

python2-pydeep:
- not an 'any' package as it compiles native code.
- license can be distributed as its inside the tarball

cheers,
Levente

On 17.02.2017 15:26, Florian Pritz via aur-general wrote:
> On 17.02.2017 15:25, Christian Rebischke wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> I am Christian Rebischke (in the internet mostly known as 'shibumi') and
>> I would like to increase my work in the Arch Linux Community and become
>> Arch Linux TU. Thanks to Florian Pritz (bluewind) for being my sponsor.
>
> I confirm my sponsorship. Let the discussion begin.

The discussion period is now over. There wasn't much discussion, but
I'll take that as a good sign and assume that everyone already knows
Christian.

You can cast your vote here: https://aur.archlinux.org/tu/?id=91

Florian

Re: TU Application: Christian Rebischke

Giancarlo Razzolini-2
Em fevereiro 22, 2017 10:13 Levente Polyak escreveu:

> zsh> xxarhtna --pedantic --input aur/shibumi
> [+] Starting up xxarhtna
> [+] Analyzing 46 packages
> [+] Dumping 18 results...

Hey, you took my xxarhtna symlink to namcap idea and added some new
flags. When will we rename namcap to anthraxx?

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 02:13:35PM +0100, Levente Polyak wrote:

> First at all:
> I know shibumi for quite a while now (also personally in meat space) and
> what i could say in a short summary: great news!! *cheer* :D
>
> So far its bit lonely in this thread *tumbleweed*... lets get this
> rolling a bit. I'm also sure one or the other may miss my reply :P
>
> zsh> xxarhtna --pedantic --input aur/shibumi
> [+] Starting up xxarhtna
> [+] Analyzing 46 packages
> [+] Dumping 18 results...
Hi Lev,
first of all thanks for your work and checking my 46 packages.
Here is my current status.
> apk-signer:
> - upstream seems gone, googlecode redirects to a 404 github and search
>   doesn't reveal any trace of upstream existence. Bit meh it vanished
>   and there is only a binary blob left on a random dropbox >.>

WIP

> awesome-terminal-fonts:
> - you could distribute the non-common license as its available in the
>   tarball
> - fc-cache in .install is not needed anymore as thats handled by a
>   pacman hook
> - the .install creates a symlink and if the package gets uninstalled a
>   dangling symlink will remain pointing into nothing.

FIXED

> awesome-terminal-fonts-git:
> - same as awesome-terminal-fonts

FIXED

> binnavi:
> - makes sense to use ${pkgver} in source, otherwise it tends to be
>   forgotten on bump :P
> - the combination of mkdir + mv can be simplified with a single
>   install -Dm 644
> - the custom start script calls /usr/bin/java (which can by java6) but
>   it seem to require >= 8 (< please note the comment about binnavi-git
>   related to fixing this)

FIXED

> binnavi-git:
> - the combination of mkdir + mv can be simplified with a single
>   install -Dm 644
> - the custom start script calls a java-8 specific path, but the
>   dependency is specified as >= 8. If a java >= 9 will arrive, it may
>   not work if java8 is not installed, while the dependency is still
>   fulfilled. Either pin the version to java8 and use a java8 path or
>   do some dynamic sorcery to find the proper jre java executable.

FIXED

> cloud-buster:
> - makes sense to use ${pkgver} in source, otherwise it tends to be
>   forgotten on bump :P
> - requires python-dnspython as optdepends in its mxrecords.py

FIXED

> inetsim:
> - perlipq dependency does not seem to exist
> - upstream provides gpg signatures that can be used
> - grep inetsim in the install file isn't safe enough as it can match
>   anything (theoretically) use getent instead.
> - gid 16 is already reserved for stunnel

WIP

> libemu:
> - whitespace after '--prefix=/usr' :P :D

FIXED

> nyan:
> - makes sense to use ${pkgver} in source, otherwise it tends to be
>   forgotten on bump :P

FIXED

> puppetserver:
> -  upstream gpg signature are available

WIP

> python-requests-cache:
> - needs (make)depends of python-requests
> - with adding checkdepends of python{2}-pytest and python{2}-mock you
>   can add a check() call doing py.test and py.test2

FIXED except of the checks

> python-pypdns:
> - requires dependency of python{2}-requests (see source)
> - optdepends of python{2}-requests-cache.
> - license could be shipped as its available in the tarball

FIXED

> python-pymisp:
> - 2.4.65 is out :P
> - requires python{2}-requests python{2}-dateutil python{2}-jsonschema
>   as dependens
> - optionally requires a new package python{2}-pyme otherwise the
>   sign and verify functionality of this will error out
> - with python{2}-pytest and python{2}-requests-mock a check() can be
>   used running py.test and py.test2

FIXED, except of the checks

> python-piexif:
> - when adding python{2}-pytest and python{2}-pillow to checkdepends, a
>   check() can be used having set PYTHONPATH=. running py.test and
>   py.test2

FIXED

> python-pefile:
> - update available :P
> - "setup.py check" doesn't do what you think it does, it only checks
>   some metadata and stuff, the target for setup.py you are looking for
>   is "test"... but there are no tests provided by the exported tarball
>   version you choose (there are also non-exported source tarballs
>   containing them)

FIXED, except of the checks. There are missing files in the tarball

> python-virustotal-api:
> - "setup.py check" doesn't do what you think it does, it only checks
>   some metadata and stuff, the target for setup.py you are looking for
>   is "test"... if you want to run tests it provides nosetests via
>   ./tests
> - requires dependency python{2}-requests

FIXED, except of the checks.. still on it. (the tests fail, maybe missing
files)

> python-terminaltables:
> - distributing LICENSE would be neat as they are inside the tarball

FIXED

> python2-pydeep:
> - not an 'any' package as it compiles native code.
> - license can be distributed as its inside the tarball

FIXED

Re: TU Application: Christian Rebischke

Bartłomiej Piotrowski-3
On 2017-02-22 14:13, Levente Polyak wrote:
> cheers,
> Levente

I just want to say that I'm happy I'm already a TU so I don't have to
undergo Levente's review...

Bartłomiej

Re: TU Application: Christian Rebischke

tur-users mailing list

THIS. is the main reason I don't apply as TU :D

On 22.02.2017 15:53, Florian Pritz via aur-general wrote:
> You can cast your vote here: https://aur.archlinux.org/tu/?id=91

Yes: 37
No: 1
Abstain: 0
Voted: 84.44%

Result: Accepted

Congratulations Christian and welcome to the TU team :)

Florian