TU question

Dan Printzell
Hi, my name is Dan and I'm currently reading up on what is needed to become
a TU. I'm doing this because I'm interested in maintaining the dlang packages,
now that Dicebot left. But before I decide anything I want to know what is
needed from me and how the whole process works.

So far I've read these links:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines
https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html

So I was wondering if anyone had any links that I could read or any tips to
think about before I decide if I want to take the next step.

Thanks
Dan Printzell

Re: TU question

Eli Schwartz-2
On 07/23/2017 07:08 PM, Dan Printzell wrote:

> Hi, my name is Dan and I'm currently reading up on what is needed to become
> a TU. I'm doing this because I'm interested in maintaining the dlang packages,
> now that Dicebot left. But before I decide anything I want to know what is
> needed from me and how the whole process works.
>
> So far I've read these links:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines
> https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html
>
> So I was wondering if anyone had any links that I could read or any tips to
> think about before I decide if I want to take the next step.
I believe that covers most of it. You should probably be prepared for
anthraxx to go over your AUR packages with a fine-toothed comb looking
for every conceivable mistake you could make though. :D

Really, the main thrust of it is finding a TU to sponsor you, and making
a good case as to what you want to accomplish as a TU and what your
previous track record is in the Arch/FOSS community as a way to gauge
what kind of maintainer you would be.

In my experience lurking here, most people who can make a coherent
argument for all those things tend to be accepted. Good luck! :)

Re: TU question

xyne
On 2017-07-23 19:38 -0400
Eli Schwartz wrote:

>On 07/23/2017 07:08 PM, Dan Printzell wrote:
>> Hi, my name is Dan and I'm currently reading up on what is needed to become
>> a TU. I'm doing this because I'm interested in maintaining the dlang
>> packages, now that Dicebot left. But before I decide anything I want to know
>> what is needed from me and how the whole process works.
>>
>> So far I've read these links:
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html
>>
>> So I was wondering if anyone had any links that I could read or any tips to
>> think about before I decide if I want to take the next step.
>
>I believe that covers most of it. You should probably be prepared for
>anthraxx to go over your AUR packages with a fine-toothed comb looking
>for every conceivable mistake you could make though. :D
>
>Really, the main thrust of it is finding a TU to sponsor you, and making
>a good case as to what you want to accomplish as a TU and what your
>previous track record is in the Arch/FOSS community as a way to gauge
>what kind of maintainer you would be.
>
>In my experience lurking here, most people who can make a coherent
>argument for all those things tend to be accepted. Good luck! :)
>
>--
>Eli Schwartz

Generously bribing existing TUs with fresh tacos can also help to swing the
vote in your favor. There's a lot of us now though so it will be expensive. The
TU system is basically a pyramid scheme. The earlier you get in, the more tacos
you net.

Re: TU question

Dan Printzell
Excerpts from Xyne's message of July 24, 2017 3:54 pm:
> Generously bribing existing TUs with fresh tacos can also help to swing the
> vote in your favor. There's a lot of us now though so it will be expensive. The
> TU system is basically a pyramid scheme. The earlier you get in, the more tacos
> you net.

Would it count as a good bribe if I created a PKGBUILD that generates fresh tacos?

Re: TU question

Giancarlo Razzolini-2
Em julho 24, 2017 12:03 Dan Printzell escreveu:

> Would it count as a good bribe if I created a PKGBUILD that generates fresh tacos?

If it passes anthraxx's crive, why not?