Thunderbird doesn't show e-mails

arch general mailing list-2
Hello everyone,
I have a weird issue.
My uni e-mail uses Office 365 as e-mail provider; I've added it in
Thunderbird, but I can see only unread e-mails. All the read one are not
appearing in my inbox.
However, if I `cat` the INBOX file, I can see the e-mails and if I mark
them as unread from somewhere else I can see them.
Also, adding the e-mail address on Thunderbird on Windows doesn't have
the same problem.
Any idea to further investgation?

--
Giovanni Santini
My blog: http://giovannisantini.tk
My code: https://git{hub,lab}.com/ItachiSan
My GPG: 2FADEBF5

Re: Thunderbird doesn't show e-mails

arch general mailing list-2
Op 29 okt. 2017 13:44 schreef "Giovanni Santini via arch-general" <
[hidden email]>:

Hello everyone,
I have a weird issue.
My uni e-mail uses Office 365 as e-mail provider; I've added it in
Thunderbird, but I can see only unread e-mails. All the read one are not
appearing in my inbox.
However, if I `cat` the INBOX file, I can see the e-mails and if I mark
them as unread from somewhere else I can see them.

Just a wild guess, but you probably have a display filter active in
Thunderbird...

My first thought was about the protocol (pop3 vs imap), but since the mails
are actually there in the mbox file, it'sprobably just a filter.

Mvg, Guus Snijders

On 10/29/2017 09:34 AM, Guus Snijders via arch-general wrote:

> Op 29 okt. 2017 13:44 schreef "Giovanni Santini via arch-general" <
> [hidden email]>:
>
> Hello everyone,
> I have a weird issue.
> My uni e-mail uses Office 365 as e-mail provider; I've added it in
> Thunderbird, but I can see only unread e-mails. All the read one are not
> appearing in my inbox.
> However, if I `cat` the INBOX file, I can see the e-mails and if I mark
> them as unread from somewhere else I can see them.
>

> Just a wild guess, but you probably have a display filter active in
> Thunderbird...
>
> My first thought was about the protocol (pop3 vs imap), but since the mails
> are actually there in the mbox file, it'sprobably just a filter.
>

> Mvg, Guus Snijders
There's an "Unread" button above the email list on the left, maybe
that's pressed?

Re: Thunderbird doesn't show e-mails

Under view, menu, there should be an opsion to show read messages.  HTH.

Matthew

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

My GPG: 2FADEBF5

Il 29/10/2017 20:30, matthew dyer via arch-general ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> Under view, menu, there should be an opsion to show read messages.  HTH.
>
> Matthew
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thank you for all the suggestions, however it is not so trivial.
I tried all your options and nope, nothing worked.
However, enabling quick filter display some messages! Not really the
best though.