Virtualbox under KDE plasma

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Virtualbox under KDE plasma

Shridhar Daithankar
Hello,

I recently tried KDE plasma after 5.12 update and it is running smooth.
However I am experiencing two problems with virtualbox.

1. Virtualbox applications do not start unless QT_QPA_PLATFORM is set to xcb.
Under plasma wayland session it is set to wayland.

2. When a VM is launched, if it is maximized with Host-F, it loses all
keyboard/mouse interaction and has to be killed from the plasma session.

Anybody has seen this? Should I report it upstream?

Package details
virtualbox 5.2.6-2
kde plasma 5.12.0

Thanks.
--
Regards
 Shridhar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Virtualbox under KDE plasma

Shridhar Daithankar
On Tuesday 13 February 2018 8:33:09 AM IST you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently tried KDE plasma after 5.12 update and it is running smooth.
> However I am experiencing two problems with virtualbox.

kde plasma wayland to be specific :( It all works under kde plasma Xorg.
>
> 1. Virtualbox applications do not start unless QT_QPA_PLATFORM is set to
> xcb. Under plasma wayland session it is set to wayland.
>
> 2. When a VM is launched, if it is maximized with Host-F, it loses all
> keyboard/mouse interaction and has to be killed from the plasma session.
>
> Anybody has seen this? Should I report it upstream?

--
Regards
 Shridhar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Virtualbox under KDE plasma

Bennett Piater
On 02/13/2018 06:13 AM, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 February 2018 8:33:09 AM IST you wrote:
>
> kde plasma wayland to be specific :( It all works under kde plasma Xorg.

Yes, do definitely file a bug upstream.

Also, plasma wayland is still considered experimental, so don't expect
it to work 100%. Should be stable enough for personal testing, but it's
not production ready.

IOW, if you want to use it, be prepared to file a few bugs :)

Cheers,
Bennett

--
GPG fingerprint: 871F 1047 7DB3 DDED 5FC4 47B2 26C7 E577 EF96 7808


signature.asc (565 bytes) Download Attachment