Weird artifacts after every pacman transaction

Weird artifacts after every pacman transaction

Chorom Potro
Hello,

Couple of days ago my power was cut in the middle of an update (pacman was updating purpose and atk), after the failed update my system would not run any app because libpurpose and libatk was corrupted. So I did a force reinstallation of both.

Now everything is working but after each transaction I am seeing a bunch of texts like these:

ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.57 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavformat.so.57 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswscale.so.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.57.107.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswresample.so.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswresample.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswscale.so.4.8.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpostproc.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavutil.so.55.78.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpostproc.so.54 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavformat.so.57.83.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavutil.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.57 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavresample.so.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavfilter.so.6.107.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavcodec.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavutil.so.55 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswscale.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libswresample.so.2.9.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavformat.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavfilter.so.6 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavresample.so.3.7.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.57.10.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libpostproc.so.54.7.100 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavdevice.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavfilter.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavresample.so is empty, not checked.

Is there a way to get these removed?
Cheers
Nirjhor (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/local-89a477ef-0ef5@nirjhor-arch/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fnirjhor&recipient=arch-general%40archlinux.org)

Sent from Mailspring (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/local-89a477ef-0ef5@nirjhor-arch/1?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%3Fref%3Dclient&recipient=arch-general%40archlinux.org), the best free email app for work

Re: Weird artifacts after every pacman transaction

Jérôme M. Berger
On 10/28/2017 07:33 AM, Chorom Potro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Couple of days ago my power was cut in the middle of an update (pacman was updating purpose and atk), after the failed update my system would not run any app because libpurpose and libatk was corrupted. So I did a force reinstallation of both.
>
> Now everything is working but after each transaction I am seeing a bunch of texts like these:
>
> ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.57 is empty, not checked.
> ... Reinstall ffmpeg, it was probably part of the same botched update and
you haven't seen it yet because fewer apps depend on it.

                Jerome
--
mailto:[hidden email]
http://jeberger.free.fr

Re: Weird artifacts after every pacman transaction

Chorom Potro
Reinstalling ffmpeg solved the problem. Thank you :-)

Cheers
Nirjhor (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/local-876ac398-72b2@nirjhor-arch/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fnirjhor&recipient=arch-general%40archlinux.org)

Sent from Mailspring (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/local-876ac398-72b2@nirjhor-arch/1?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%3Fref%3Dclient&recipient=arch-general%40archlinux.org), the best free email app for work