What will happen to my i686 machines?

Dmitry Kudriavtsev
Hi,

I realize that i686 support is being moved to a community mirror this year. As far as I know, this will mean that pacman will give 404 errors until I change the mirrorlist.

Is this correct? Will the old i686 packages still be kept? What else will need to be done?

Thank you,
Dmitry Kudriavtsev

Re: What will happen to my i686 machines?

Alex Theotokatos
On 06/09/2017 06:28 PM, Dmitry Kudriavtsev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I realize that i686 support is being moved to a community mirror this year. As far as I know, this will mean that pacman will give 404 errors until I change the mirrorlist.
>
> Is this correct? Will the old i686 packages still be kept? What else will need to be done?
>
> Thank you,
> Dmitry Kudriavtsev

ArchLinux will support x86 architecture until November 2017.
ArchLinux32 will inform us when their repository will be fully
functional including their packages.
As for time being, I don't know how stable their packages are.

Re: What will happen to my i686 machines?

Tyler Dence
On Jun 9, 2017 11:28 AM, "Dmitry Kudriavtsev" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I realize that i686 support is being moved to a community mirror this year.
As far as I know, this will mean that pacman will give 404 errors until I
change the mirrorlist.

Is this correct? Will the old i686 packages still be kept? What else will
need to be done?

This is essentially correct. There are mirrors with preliminary packages
available for testing. See https://github.com/archlinux32/packages/tree/
master/core for more details.

On Jun 9, 2017 12:53 PM, "Alex Theotokatos" <[hidden email]> wrote:

ArchLinux will support x86 architecture until November 2017.
ArchLinux32 will inform us when their repository will be fully functional
including their packages.
As for time being, I don't know how stable their packages are.

They should be fully (mostly) ready for testing now; I wouldn't consider
them ready for a production system, but it's getting there.

Cheers,
Tyler