Why does pulseaudio start after kill?

Peter Nabbefeld

Hello,

I've got some pulseaudio problems which I'd like to solve.
Unfortunately, if I kill pulseaudio, it is sonn started again, so I
cannot give it a log level.  :-/

Where do I find the "automatic restart", i.e. how can I stop it?

Kind regards

Peter

Re: Why does pulseaudio start after kill?

arch general mailing list-2
On 01-08-18 12:15:46 +0200, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've got some pulseaudio problems which I'd like to solve.
>Unfortunately, if I kill pulseaudio, it is sonn started again, so I
>cannot give it a log level.  :-/
It is socket activated, so you have to disable “pulseaudio.socket” as
well.
--
Regards
Jagan

Re: Why does pulseaudio start after kill?

Khorne
On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 12:15:46 +0200
Peter Nabbefeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got some pulseaudio problems which I'd like to solve.
> Unfortunately, if I kill pulseaudio, it is sonn started again, so I
> cannot give it a log level.  :-/
>
> Where do I find the "automatic restart", i.e. how can I stop it?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Peter

Hello Peter,

disable the pulseaudio.socket in the user scope via systemd.

Regards,
Khorne

Am 01.08.2018 um 12:28 schrieb Khorne:

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 12:15:46 +0200
> Peter Nabbefeld <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've got some pulseaudio problems which I'd like to solve.
>> Unfortunately, if I kill pulseaudio, it is sonn started again, so I
>> cannot give it a log level.  :-/
>>
>> Where do I find the "automatic restart", i.e. how can I stop it?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Peter
> Hello Peter,
>
> disable the pulseaudio.socket in the user scope via systemd.
>
> Regards,
> Khorne
Thank You, Khorne!

Now I finally have some error messages:

W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: JACK error >Cannot use real-time
scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not allowed)<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: JACK error
 >JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot use real-time
scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not allowed)<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: JACK error
 >JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot use real-time
scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not allowed)<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: JACK error
 >JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: JACK error >Cannot use real-time
scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not allowed)<
W: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: JACK error
 >JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error<
E: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: Failed to parse module arguments.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jack-source"
(argument: "# channels=2"): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: Failed to parse module arguments.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jack-sink"
(argument: "# channels=2"): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] module-bluez5-discover.c: failed to parse module arguments.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-bluez5-discover"
(argument: "# headset=native"): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module
"module-bluetooth-discover" (argument: "# headset=native"):
initialization failed.

- Bluetooth not working properly
- Arguments cannot be commented out, will have to write separate lines
in this case
- Probably a problem with real-time audio (JACK error
 >JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error), which may be a result of other
errors.

I'll first correct the syntax and check the bluez driver.

Kind regards

Peter