Wireless hardware inconsistent behaviour

Wireless hardware inconsistent behaviour

arch general mailing list-2
Hey everyone,

I am running Manjaro Linux on a Dell Inspiron 5370. I always have low wifi signal strength and connecting to new networks is almost always a pain.

The network manager applet is forever frozen and nmtui keeps dropping network connects.

Is there a way I can debug this or look at solving the problem for good? I tried all options in the networking page on the archlinux wiki but none of them seem to properly solve the problem for me.

Warm Regards,
Ashwin.

Re: Wireless hardware inconsistent behaviour

Jelle van der Waa-2
On 03/27/18 at 05:30pm, Ashwin via arch-general wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I am running Manjaro Linux on a Dell Inspiron 5370. I always have low wifi signal strength and connecting to new networks is almost always a pain.

This mailing list is for Arch Linux only and since Manjaro is a separate
distro we can't help you here.

> The network manager applet is forever frozen and nmtui keeps dropping network connects.
>
> Is there a way I can debug this or look at solving the problem for good? I tried all options in the networking page on the archlinux wiki but none of them seem to properly solve the problem for me.

Check the logs

--
Jelle van der Waa

Re: Wireless hardware inconsistent behaviour

arch general mailing list-2
Got that..

Thanks!

-Ashwin.

March 27, 2018 11:19 PM, "Jelle van der Waa" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/27/18 at 05:30pm, Ashwin via arch-general wrote:
>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I am running Manjaro Linux on a Dell Inspiron 5370. I always have low wifi signal strength and
>> connecting to new networks is almost always a pain.
>
> This mailing list is for Arch Linux only and since Manjaro is a separate
> distro we can't help you here.
>
>> The network manager applet is forever frozen and nmtui keeps dropping network connects.
>>
>> Is there a way I can debug this or look at solving the problem for good? I tried all options in the
>> networking page on the archlinux wiki but none of them seem to properly solve the problem for me.
>
> Check the logs

> Jelle van der Waa

Re: Wireless hardware inconsistent behaviour

Ivy Foster-2
On 27 Mar 2018, at  5:30  +0000, Ashwin via arch-general wrote:
> Hey everyone,

Hi, Ashwin,

> I am running Manjaro [....]
> Is there a way I can debug this or look at solving the problem for
> good? I tried all options in the networking page on the archlinux wiki
> but none of them seem to properly solve the problem for me.

You're actually going to have better luck seeking help from your own
distribution; I believe that Manjaro has forums and probably mailing
lists where they can help you out. They'll know better than anyone
here would whether there are Manjaro-specific patches or whatever.

> Warm Regards,

And to you; best of luck.

Ivy

Re: Wireless hardware inconsistent behaviour

Thomas Dreher
Am Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 19:30:09 CEST schrieb Ashwin via arch-general:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I am running Manjaro Linux on a Dell Inspiron 5370. I always have low wifi
> signal strength and connecting to new networks is almost always a pain.

Try a live distro. May be hardware related.

greetings

Thomas