Wrong package version and more wrong attributes displayed

Wrong package version and more wrong attributes displayed

I've updated my package [0][1], but the web form is displaying the
update with the old version and old attributes (i.e. I've updated to
v2.1.0-1 and it is displayed as a new v2.0.0-2 version, which is a bug
in the web UI).

[0] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/giteye/
[1]
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=giteye&id=4ee6ae7ad84adaa049ebc96d536abcb9f008138f

It would be great, if this bug is patched with a future version of AUR.

Greetings,
Sebastian Lau (nullptr_t)

Re: Wrong package version and more wrong attributes displayed

tur-users mailing list
On 03/09, Sebastian Lau via aur-general wrote:
> It would be great, if this bug is patched with a future version of AUR.

Except this isn't a bug, you just forgot to update .SRCINFO:

makepkg --printsrcinfo > .SRCINFO

--
PGP fingerprint: 42CE 7698 D6A0 6129 AA16  EF5C 5431 BDE2 C8F0 B2F4

On 03/09/2018 02:00 AM, Sebastian Lau via aur-general wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've updated my package [0][1], but the web form is displaying the
> update with the old version and old attributes (i.e. I've updated to
> v2.1.0-1 and it is displayed as a new v2.0.0-2 version, which is a bug
> in the web UI).
>
> [0] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/giteye/
> [1]
> https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=giteye&id=4ee6ae7ad84adaa049ebc96d536abcb9f008138f
>
> It would be great, if this bug is patched with a future version of AUR.
It's rather insulting of you to accuse us of writing a malfunctioning
AUR, rather than asking if we know why this is not working for you.
Especially because it works for nearly every other package on the AUR.

And especially, because you failed to regenerate the .SRCINFO file. The
AUR is not arbitrarily executing every random PKGBUILD that
possibly-malicious people upload.

Instead, the .SRCINFO is a metadata file which the AUR uses as the
source of all information. And you did not update the AUR metadata...

It would be great, if your attitude was patched with a future version of
nullptr_t OS.

Re: Wrong package version and more wrong attributes displayed

It was more me with confused by a missing 'mksrcinfo' command. But thank
you for the accusion but of simple clearance.

Greets.

On 09.03.2018 08:06, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:

> On 03/09/2018 02:00 AM, Sebastian Lau via aur-general wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've updated my package [0][1], but the web form is displaying the
>> update with the old version and old attributes (i.e. I've updated to
>> v2.1.0-1 and it is displayed as a new v2.0.0-2 version, which is a bug
>> in the web UI).
>>
>> [0] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/giteye/
>> [1]
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=giteye&id=4ee6ae7ad84adaa049ebc96d536abcb9f008138f
>>
>> It would be great, if this bug is patched with a future version of AUR.
> It's rather insulting of you to accuse us of writing a malfunctioning
> AUR, rather than asking if we know why this is not working for you.
> Especially because it works for nearly every other package on the AUR.
>
> And especially, because you failed to regenerate the .SRCINFO file. The
> AUR is not arbitrarily executing every random PKGBUILD that
> possibly-malicious people upload.
>
> Instead, the .SRCINFO is a metadata file which the AUR uses as the
> source of all information. And you did not update the AUR metadata...
>
> It would be great, if your attitude was patched with a future version of
> nullptr_t OS.

Re: Wrong package version and more wrong attributes displayed

Thank you for the reminder for a 'mksrcinfo' substitude :)

On 09.03.2018 08:05, Tharre via aur-general wrote:
> On 03/09, Sebastian Lau via aur-general wrote:
>> It would be great, if this bug is patched with a future version of AUR.
> Except this isn't a bug, you just forgot to update .SRCINFO:
>
> makepkg --printsrcinfo > .SRCINFO

Re: Wrong package version and more wrong attributes displayed

tur-users mailing list
A tip is to add something like this to .git/hooks/pre-commit in your local
repo:
```
makepkg --printsrcinfo > /tmp/.SRCINFO
diff -q .SRCINFO /tmp/.SRCINFO
```

git will then stop you from committing when .SRCINFO isn't up to date.

Cheers,
Mikael

fre 9 mars 2018 kl 08:50 skrev Sebastian Lau via aur-general <

On 03/09/2018 03:26 AM, Mikael Blomstrand via aur-general wrote:
> A tip is to add something like this to .git/hooks/pre-commit in your local
> repo:
> ```
> makepkg --printsrcinfo > /tmp/.SRCINFO
> diff -q .SRCINFO /tmp/.SRCINFO
> ```
>
> git will then stop you from committing when .SRCINFO isn't up to date.

Why punish yourself when you could simply fix it? pre-commit hooks can
run git-add(1) for you.

https://github.com/eli-schwartz/pkgbuilds#hooks