arch health

fnodeuser-2
ITwrx.org,

health? AL is not an organism, it is an OS. what you meant to say is problems.

yes, it is true. there are a few problems, but these problems were not caused by
a lack of funds.

these are the reasons there are problems:

1. there are a few AL TMs (team members), that wanted to become, became, and still are
AL TMs because they are selfish.

these TMs are here, because they want to indirectly benefit financially from this
membership, and/or for the 'bragging rights', and/or because they want to continue
to have the 'power' that an AL TM has.

the rest of the TMs are here because they care about AL, the community, and progress.

2. both groups of AL TMs have different workloads and not always a lot of free time.
changes in circumstances can and will determine how much work must be done and how
much free time a TM has to do AL work.

3. ignorance and/or stupidity.

now, the good thing is that these problems have solutions.

one of the things we can do to help solve these problems (and make their workloads
smaller), is with user sign-offs.[1]

this way, Tobias Powalowski, for example, will stop placing the linux pkg in testing for
stable minor releases.

_
[1] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2016-June/041510.html

Re: arch health

Ralf Mardorf-4
On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 10:00:23 +0200 (CEST), fnodeuser wrote:
>there are a few AL TMs (team members), that wanted to become,
>became, and still are AL TMs because they are selfish.
>
>these TMs are here, because they want to indirectly benefit
>financially from this membership, and/or for the 'bragging rights',
>and/or because they want to continue to have the 'power' that an AL TM
>has.

Unlikely that being an Arch Linux team member gains much for an ego in
regards to adorn oneself with plumes, regarding power or that it's very
useful to indirectly benefit financially. It's moreover much
unlikely that not just one, but a few team members suffer from such
bizarre narcissism.

This thread started with questioning the overall health of Arch. So far
this is just based on the emotion of a few users, who consider the
hiccups they experience as dramatic, serious issues. IOW so far it was
just pathetic.

Now you come and claim that there are "problems" and the first reason,
among other reasons are disordered team members. You don't provide any
evidence for this claim. This is the lowest level of polemic.

Could we please stop this thread? IMO it's going too far now.

There's nothing wrong with pointing to real problems. You could do this
by opening a new thread, but please without conspiracy theories. If
there should be bizarre team members, the other team members are likely
able to notice this and to resolve this without a discussion by users.