archweb upgrade from Django 1.7 to 1.8

Angel Velásquez-2
Hello,

Just so you know, we just deployed a major upgrade of archweb we updated
the version of the framework from 1.7 to Django 1.8 (current LTS
version), the main author of this was jelle which became a very
important contributor of this project.

That said, everything seems to be working smoothly, we had a short
downtime that just lasted some minutes (one hour or less) of course some
stuff did broke and we had to fix it and commit it, but this was a major
update, so certain level of breakage was kind of expected.

Sorry for the inconveniences and again I want to personally thank jelle
and grazzolini for this achievement, kudos for you guys!

Cheers

Re: archweb upgrade from Django 1.7 to 1.8

Giancarlo Razzolini-2
Em maio 18, 2017 0:34 Angel Velásquez escreveu:

> Sorry for the inconveniences and again I want to personally thank jelle
> and grazzolini for this achievement, kudos for you guys!

Jelle wrote pretty much everything. I just deployed it. And sorry for the
double announcement.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini

Re: archweb upgrade from Django 1.7 to 1.8

Jelle van der Waa-2
On 05/17/17 at 11:34pm, Angel Velásquez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just so you know, we just deployed a major upgrade of archweb we updated
> the version of the framework from 1.7 to Django 1.8 (current LTS
> version), the main author of this was jelle which became a very
> important contributor of this project.

Thanks for the upgrade! 1.8 will still received security updates till
April 2018. So before that date archweb should be upgraded to 1.11
LTS.

--
Jelle van der Waa

Em maio 18, 2017 4:15 Jelle van der Waa escreveu:

> Thanks for the upgrade! 1.8 will still received security updates till
> April 2018. So before that date archweb should be upgraded to 1.11
> LTS.

I plan on keep it updated with security fixes. But we now bought ourselves
more time to do an upgrade to 1.11, which is the next LTS and should receive
updates until April 2020. Some minor bugs were found already and we will fix
them in the coming days.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini