bc -l segfaults

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bc -l segfaults

Simone Basso
The bc command segfaults when evaluating the result of an
expression, iff invoked with -l command line switch, as
follows:

   $ bc -lq
   1.4 / 2
   Segmentation fault
   $ bc -q
   12/4
   3
   $

The installed package is:

   bc 1.06-4

Bye
        Simone



_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-ports
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bc -l segfaults

Alexander Baldeck
Simone Basso wrote:

> The bc command segfaults when evaluating the result of an
> expression, iff invoked with -l command line switch, as
> follows:
>
>    $ bc -lq
>    1.4 / 2
>    Segmentation fault
>    $ bc -q
>    12/4
>    3
>    $
>
> The installed package is:
>
>    bc 1.06-4
>

Would be interesting which port you are talking about. :)

Cheers,

-G

_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-ports
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bc -l segfaults

Anders Bergh
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Alexander Baldeck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Simone Basso wrote:
>> The bc command segfaults when evaluating the result of an
>> expression, iff invoked with -l command line switch, as
>> follows:
>>
>>    $ bc -lq
>>    1.4 / 2
>>    Segmentation fault
>>    $ bc -q
>>    12/4
>>    3
>>    $
>>
>> The installed package is:
>>
>>    bc 1.06-4
>>
>
> Would be interesting which port you are talking about. :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> -G
>
> _______________________________________________
> arch-ports mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-ports
>

Seems like he's talking about the ppc port, I went to check the
PKGBUILD and it had something like this:

  if [ "$CARCH" = "x86_64" ] && CFLAGS="-O0"

I did the same but for ppc, and it doesn't crash now. I updated the
package and uploaded it.

Anders

_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-ports
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bc -l segfaults

Simone Basso
Anders Bergh wrote:
...
>> Would be interesting which port you are talking about. :)
...
> Seems like he's talking about the ppc port, I went to check the
> PKGBUILD and it had something like this:
>
>   if [ "$CARCH" = "x86_64" ] && CFLAGS="-O0"
>
> I did the same but for ppc, and it doesn't crash now. I updated the
> package and uploaded it.

Yes, I was talking about PPC... I promise I'll add the port name in
future ;-).

Thanks for the fix!

        Simone



_______________________________________________
arch-ports mailing list
[hidden email]
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-ports