broken package stops pacstrap

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

broken package stops pacstrap

arch general mailing list-2
Trying to install arch i686 on my IBM x345 using 2015 07 install media (yes
I know its 2 years old). Get as far as running pacstrap and it comes to a
crashing halt on checking package integrity

error: krb5 : signature from "Levente Polyak (anthraxx)
[hidden email]> " is unknown trust
:: File /mnt/var/cache/pacman/pkg/krb5-1.15.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz is
corrupted (invalid or corrupted package PGP signature)).

How can I get past this crash

mick in glen innes
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: broken package stops pacstrap

arch general mailing list-2
>
> I know its 2 years old). Get as far as running pacstrap and it comes to a
> crashing halt on checking package integrity
>
> error: krb5 : signature from "Levente Polyak (anthraxx)
> [hidden email]> " is unknown trust
> :: File /mnt/var/cache/pacman/pkg/krb5-1.15.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz is
> corrupted (invalid or corrupted package PGP signature)).
>

You need an updated version archlinux-keyring. I would suggest using the
latest ISO to skip going through hoops to get it to work. The package is
not broken.

Jagan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: broken package stops pacstrap

Eli Schwartz-2
In reply to this post by arch general mailing list-2
On 07/27/2017 08:21 PM, mick howe via arch-general wrote:

> Trying to install arch i686 on my IBM x345 using 2015 07 install media (yes
> I know its 2 years old). Get as far as running pacstrap and it comes to a
> crashing halt on checking package integrity
>
> error: krb5 : signature from "Levente Polyak (anthraxx)
> [hidden email]> " is unknown trust
> :: File /mnt/var/cache/pacman/pkg/krb5-1.15.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz is
> corrupted (invalid or corrupted package PGP signature)).
>
> How can I get past this crash
That's not a broken package, that is a PGP signature verification error.
I'd say to run pacman with the --debug flag (pacstrap will pass it on to
pacman for you), except the problem is fairly obvious -- the
archlinux-keyring package has been updated a number of times since that ISO.

I suggest you use the current, up-to-date ISO built and hosted on
https://archlinux32.org which is where the official/affiliated efforts
to preserve i686 are being held. Two of the Arch Devs/TUs (Bartłomiej
Piotrowski and Balló György) are involved with the project, and once
official support for i686 is dropped at the end of the year, you will
need to migrate to archlinux32 anyway.

Note that we are optimistic that archlinux32 can receive official
recognition as a tier-two architecture and thus remain affiliated with
archlinux.org itself. :)

...

Regardless, the 2-year-old ISO will not work. You need an ISO which has
pacman 5 on it, in order to have pacman hooks run. These hooks are
important for several reasons, including the fact that they are used to
generate an initramfs and therefore allow you to boot into your
installation. :)

The earliest archlinux.org archiso that will work for you is the March
2016 one, and even then you will have to update the archlinux-keyring
package on its own in order to fix keys that expired and were renewed or
replaced in the two years since your ISO.

--
Eli Schwartz


signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: broken package stops pacstrap

arch general mailing list-2
waddled of to the ArchLinux32 site a grabbed their latest .iso,
installation is progressing

mick in glen innes

On 28 July 2017 at 01:42, Eli Schwartz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07/27/2017 08:21 PM, mick howe via arch-general wrote:
> > Trying to install arch i686 on my IBM x345 using 2015 07 install media
> (yes
> > I know its 2 years old). Get as far as running pacstrap and it comes to a
> > crashing halt on checking package integrity
> >
> > error: krb5 : signature from "Levente Polyak (anthraxx)
> > [hidden email]> " is unknown trust
> > :: File /mnt/var/cache/pacman/pkg/krb5-1.15.1-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz is
> > corrupted (invalid or corrupted package PGP signature)).
> >
> > How can I get past this crash
>
> That's not a broken package, that is a PGP signature verification error.
> I'd say to run pacman with the --debug flag (pacstrap will pass it on to
> pacman for you), except the problem is fairly obvious -- the
> archlinux-keyring package has been updated a number of times since that
> ISO.
>
> I suggest you use the current, up-to-date ISO built and hosted on
> https://archlinux32.org which is where the official/affiliated efforts
> to preserve i686 are being held. Two of the Arch Devs/TUs (Bartłomiej
> Piotrowski and Balló György) are involved with the project, and once
> official support for i686 is dropped at the end of the year, you will
> need to migrate to archlinux32 anyway.
>
> Note that we are optimistic that archlinux32 can receive official
> recognition as a tier-two architecture and thus remain affiliated with
> archlinux.org itself. :)
>
> ...
>
> Regardless, the 2-year-old ISO will not work. You need an ISO which has
> pacman 5 on it, in order to have pacman hooks run. These hooks are
> important for several reasons, including the fact that they are used to
> generate an initramfs and therefore allow you to boot into your
> installation. :)
>
> The earliest archlinux.org archiso that will work for you is the March
> 2016 one, and even then you will have to update the archlinux-keyring
> package on its own in order to fix keys that expired and were renewed or
> replaced in the two years since your ISO.
>
> --
> Eli Schwartz
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: broken package stops pacstrap

David C. Rankin
In reply to this post by Eli Schwartz-2
On 07/27/2017 08:42 PM, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> Note that we are optimistic that archlinux32 can receive official
> recognition as a tier-two architecture and thus remain affiliated with
> archlinux.org itself. :)

Very smart -- fully supported, that the best news I heard sine the 11/17
cutoff was announced. Kudos. That's a reasonable solution.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...