deluge post-install

Jude DaShiell-2
A warning about a missing service_identity module comes up when
deluge-console is used and I am probably not taking all correct steps to
install that module to clear this warning.  Is this something that can be
left alone or has to be left alone?  If I found the right module when it
installs it doesn't also bring in any dependencies.  Should the package
build for deluge have this module and dependencies added to it?

Re: deluge post-install

arch general mailing list-2
As the wiki mentions [1], you may need to install python2-service-identity.

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Deluge#No_module_named_service_identity

On 03/20/2018 02:55 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> A warning about a missing service_identity module comes up when
> deluge-console is used and I am probably not taking all correct steps
> to install that module to clear this warning.  Is this something that
> can be left alone or has to be left alone?  If I found the right
> module when it installs it doesn't also bring in any dependencies.
> Should the package build for deluge have this module and dependencies
> added to it?

Re: deluge post-install

Jude DaShiell-2
One problem,
Collecting python2-service-identity
   Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement
python2-service-identity (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for python2-service-identity

On Tue, 20 Mar
2018, John
Ramsden via arch-general wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:00:25
> From: John Ramsden via arch-general <[hidden email]>
> To: arch-general <[hidden email]>
> Cc: John Ramsden <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [arch-general] deluge post-install
>
> As the wiki mentions [1], you may need to install python2-service-identity.
>
> [1]
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Deluge#No_module_named_service_identity
>

> On 03/20/2018 02:55 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
>>  A warning about a missing service_identity module comes up when
>>  deluge-console is used and I am probably not taking all correct steps to
>>  install that module to clear this warning.? Is this something that can be
>>  left alone or has to be left alone?? If I found the right module when it
>>  installs it doesn't also bring in any dependencies.? Should the package
>>  build for deluge have this module and dependencies added to it?

Re: deluge post-install

Jude DaShiell-2
Interesting pip and pip3 found nothing.  pypi though found a bunch of
packages.  Now I need to learn how to use pypi since when I did a search
with the package I got into an unfamiliar interface and further with it
than had been the case previously.

On Sat, 24 Mar 2018, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 09:17:09
> From: Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]>
> To: John Ramsden via arch-general <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [arch-general] deluge post-install
>
> One problem,
> Collecting python2-service-identity
>  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement
> python2-service-identity (from versions: )
> No matching distribution found for python2-service-identity
>
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2018, John Ramsden via arch-general wrote:
>
>>  Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:00:25
>>  From: John Ramsden via arch-general <[hidden email]>
>>  To: arch-general <[hidden email]>
>>  Cc: John Ramsden <[hidden email]>
>>  Subject: Re: [arch-general] deluge post-install
>>
>>  As the wiki mentions [1], you may need to install
>>  python2-service-identity.
>>
>>  [1]
>>  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Deluge#No_module_named_service_identity
>>

>>  On 03/20/2018 02:55 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
>>>   A warning about a missing service_identity module comes up when
>>>   deluge-console is used and I am probably not taking all correct steps to
>>>   install that module to clear this warning.? Is this something that can
>>>   be
>>>   left alone or has to be left alone?? If I found the right module when it
>>>   installs it doesn't also bring in any dependencies.? Should the package
>>>   build for deluge have this module and dependencies added to it?

Re: deluge post-install

arch general mailing list-2
On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 09:29:07 -0400
Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Interesting pip and pip3 found nothing.  pypi though found a bunch of
> packages.  Now I need to learn how to use pypi since when I did a search
> with the package I got into an unfamiliar interface and further with it
> than had been the case previously.

Pacman, not pip. And stop top posting.