firejail and network

Shridhar Daithankar
Hello,

For some time, chromium, firefox and qupzilla are unable to reach network/
internet/dns, if started from firejail.

When started normally, all of these can reach the network as expected. So the
internet link is not the problem.

Has anybody experienced this? Any pointers to debug?

Thanks.
Regards
 Shridhar

Re: firejail and network

arch general mailing list-2
Do you just run 'firejail firefox' from the terminal? Do have any custom
settings?

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Shridhar Daithankar <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For some time, chromium, firefox and qupzilla are unable to reach network/
> internet/dns, if started from firejail.
>
> When started normally, all of these can reach the network as expected. So
> the
> internet link is not the problem.
>
> Has anybody experienced this? Any pointers to debug?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Regards
>  Shridhar

Re: firejail and network

I have no problems on my part, everything is working fine. I've been
using it continuously for almost two years.
Fingerprint: 49AA 091A CBF9 632E BD99 9BF2 32D9 E18C 3D99 B685

Keybase: https://ivanruvalcaba.keybase.pub/

El lun, 9 de oct 2017 a las 7:47 , Shridhar Daithankar
<[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> For some time, chromium, firefox and qupzilla are unable to reach
> network/
> internet/dns, if started from firejail.
>
> When started normally, all of these can reach the network as
> expected. So the
> internet link is not the problem.
>
> Has anybody experienced this? Any pointers to debug?
>
> Thanks.
> Regards
>  Shridhar

Re: firejail and network

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firejail#Using_Firejail_by_default
Fingerprint: 49AA 091A CBF9 632E BD99 9BF2 32D9 E18C 3D99 B685

Keybase: https://ivanruvalcaba.keybase.pub/

El lun, 9 de oct 2017 a las 8:03 , Herminio Hernandez, Jr. via
arch-general <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Do you just run 'firejail firefox' from the terminal? Do have any
> custom
> settings?
>
> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Shridhar Daithankar <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  Hello,
>>
>>  For some time, chromium, firefox and qupzilla are unable to reach
>> network/
>>  internet/dns, if started from firejail.
>>
>>  When started normally, all of these can reach the network as
>> expected. So
>>  the
>>  internet link is not the problem.
>>
>>  Has anybody experienced this? Any pointers to debug?
>>
>>  Thanks.
>>  --
>>  Regards
>>   Shridhar

NTS

Re: firejail and network

NTS
Dear Shridhar,

It's a known bug in firejail that has apparently been fixed upstream.
Once Arch's maintainer does a pull you may be fine:

  https://github.com/netblue30/firejail/issues/1591#issuecomment-334749301

So, it is not you :-)

Have a nice day/night,

NTS

On 10 October 2017 at 03:33, Iván Ruvalcaba via arch-general
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firejail#Using_Firejail_by_default
> Fingerprint: 49AA 091A CBF9 632E BD99 9BF2 32D9 E18C 3D99 B685
>
> Keybase: https://ivanruvalcaba.keybase.pub/
>
> El lun, 9 de oct 2017 a las 8:03 , Herminio Hernandez, Jr. via arch-general
> <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>
>> Do you just run 'firejail firefox' from the terminal? Do have any custom
>> settings?
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Shridhar Daithankar <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hello,
>>>
>>>  For some time, chromium, firefox and qupzilla are unable to reach
>>> network/
>>>  internet/dns, if started from firejail.
>>>
>>>  When started normally, all of these can reach the network as expected.
>>> So
>>>  the
>>>  internet link is not the problem.
>>>
>>>  Has anybody experienced this? Any pointers to debug?
>>>
>>>  Thanks.
>>>  --
>>>  Regards
>>>   Shridhar

Re: firejail and network

Shridhar Daithankar
On Tuesday 10 October 2017 11:33:25 AM IST NTS wrote:
> Dear Shridhar,
>
> It's a known bug in firejail that has apparently been fixed upstream.
> Once Arch's maintainer does a pull you may be fine:
>
>   https://github.com/netblue30/firejail/issues/1591#issuecomment-334749301
>
> So, it is not you :-)

Oh yes, I am using systemd resolver as well.

Thank you :)
Regards
 Shridhar

Re: firejail and network

Shridhar Daithankar
On Tuesday 10 October 2017 6:33:25 AM IST Herminio Hernandez, Jr. via arch-
general wrote:
> Do you just run 'firejail firefox' from the terminal? Do have any custom
> settings?

yes, just 'firejail firefox', no customizations either.

Thanks.
--
Regards
 Shridhar