first package submission

tur-users mailing list
Hi all,

I wished to submit this new package, the only thing is the main source file
needs to be taken from the url (e.g needs a registration) but that s all so
I dunno if I can apply for submitting this to aur ?

Kind regards.

PKGBUILD (1K) Download Attachment

Re: first package submission

Le 03/04/2017 à 08:17, David CARLIER via aur-general a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I wished to submit this new package, the only thing is the main source file
> needs to be taken from the url (e.g needs a registration) but that s all so
> I dunno if I can apply for submitting this to aur ?

So, first advice, you can remove all the var you don’t set. You also
don’t need to quote $pkgname/$pkgver. You can avoid $srcdir and quoting
in prepare by using .. instead.

Now, regarding your question, such packages are allowed in AUR, but you
have to take some extra care about sources in particular. Please read
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Nonfree_applications_package_guidelines

Regards,
Bruno

On 04/03/2017 11:17 AM, David CARLIER via aur-general wrote:
> I wished to submit this new package, the only thing is the main source file
> needs to be taken from the url (e.g needs a registration) but that s all so
> I dunno if I can apply for submitting this to aur ?

The usual way to deal with such sources is to list it as e.g.
local://$pkgname-$pkgver.tgz and expect the user to download it manually.

Note that simply listing the source as $pkgname-$pkgver.tgz means the
AUR submission process will block your upload, since sources without a
download method must be included in the AUR commit (to be downloaded
alongside the PKGBUILD).

As Bruno said, you have lots of junk variables; if you're not using
them, simply don't include them at all. :)

Given that the pkgdesc references a C API for something, and it uses
CMake and depends on pcre... I am guessing the arch should not be:
arch=('any') -- which refers to packages that don't include
platform-specific files like ELF binaries -- and should in fact be:
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')

On 4/4/17 10:09 PM, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> On 04/03/2017 11:17 AM, David CARLIER via aur-general wrote:
>

> As Bruno said, you have lots of junk variables; if you're not using
> them, simply don't include them at all. :)

DAAAAANG!!!! Bruno be all about the everywhere!! :)

John D Jones III
UNIX Zealot; Perl Lover
http://zoelife4u.org/
Where Earth and Spirit Unite

Re: first package submission

tur-users mailing list
Thanks all I committed to our today with your remarks . Kindest regards.