gnome-system-monitor on Cinnamon - menu shown as text instead of icon and style broken

gnome-system-monitor on Cinnamon - menu shown as text instead of icon and style broken

arch general mailing list-2
Anyone else running the Cinnamon DE is having an issue where Gnome System
Monitor's menu (on the top left) appears as text?

I've added some images here: https://unix.stackexchange.com/q/436635/154671

Thanks
Marc

Re: gnome-system-monitor on Cinnamon - menu shown as text instead of icon and style broken

arch general mailing list-2
On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 19:50:51 -0300

Nope. The theme just isn't updated for the latest gtk. You could try
installing Arc; it works correctly.

Re: gnome-system-monitor on Cinnamon - menu shown as text instead of icon and style broken

arch general mailing list-2
Did not work with Arc.

Also, it is very weird that it works correctly when I launch
gnome-system-monitor as another user from the terminal, as specified in the
question from the link.

Why would this ever happen? :|