gpg-agent asks for passphrase after suspend?

gpg-agent asks for passphrase after suspend?

Karol Babioch
Hi,

since a while my GPG agent is asking for a passphrase, once my laptop
has been suspended. This hasn't been the case beforehand. I'm pretty
sure this is happening since the last update of the gpg package a few
days ago, but I'm no entirely sure, since I've updated a whole bunch of
packages in this timeframe.

My gpg-agent.conf contains the following:

> default-cache-ttl 86400
> max-cache-ttl 2592000

> default-cache-ttl-ssh 86400
> max-cache-ttl-ssh 2592000

This worked before, and in makes much more sense in my environment than
to flush the cache with every suspend. I couldn't find anything in
GnuPG's changelog, so maybe it is also some new GNOME, systemd, etc.
feature.

Has anyone of you also noticed this and maybe even figured it out already?

Best regards,
Karol Babioch

Re: gpg-agent asks for passphrase after suspend?

arch general mailing list-2
I am facing the same issue.. once i upgraded my arch system.

Best regards,
Karol Babioch

Re: gpg-agent asks for passphrase after suspend?

arch general mailing list-2
Op 17 apr. 2017 04:35 schreef "Om Prakash Singh via arch-general" <
[hidden email]>:

I am facing the same issue.. once i upgraded my arch system.

On 16-Mar-2017 1:31 PM, "Karol Babioch" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

since a while my GPG agent is asking for a passphrase, once my laptop
has been suspended.

Sounds like reasonable behaviour to me, but I guess it's not what you want.

The simple answer would be: try to find out what happens during
suspend/wakeup. There's probably something that informs gpg-agent to
"forget" the password.

Mvg, Guus Snijders