i686 Arch port

Petras Petunov
Hello guys,

Is anyone else interested in keeping i686 Arch alive? Personally I
have one Arch box running i686 with a 17 year old Intel cpu. Of course
I could switch to Debian, but I would prefer not to.

I don't have any experience developing or maintaining packages, but
maybe I could help somehow?

Best Regards,
Petras

Re: i686 Arch port

Erich Eckner
Hi Petras,

I could definitely _use_ i686 arch. Maybe I can even compile some by
myself, since I've set up a multilib32 chroot environment already for
compiling some of my own packets for i686. However, I'd prefer not to
_maintain_ _all_ of the current packages for i686.

Cheers,
Erich

On 26.01.2017 12:22, Petras Petunov wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> Is anyone else interested in keeping i686 Arch alive? Personally I
> have one Arch box running i686 with a 17 year old Intel cpu. Of course
> I could switch to Debian, but I would prefer not to.
>
> I don't have any experience developing or maintaining packages, but
> maybe I could help somehow?
>
> Best Regards,
> Petras

Re: i686 Arch port

Martyn Yates
Most definitely.

I use a i686 machine and until it fails me it serves my needs.  Obviously, I am not going to buy a x64 just to be able to use Arch Linux!
Therefore if Arch is no longer available as i686 I will either have to find another distro or even, after 6 years with Linux (2 years with Arch) go back to Windows.

Regards
Martyn

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 13:22:23 +0200
Petras Petunov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> Is anyone else interested in keeping i686 Arch alive? Personally I
> have one Arch box running i686 with a 17 year old Intel cpu. Of course
> I could switch to Debian, but I would prefer not to.
>
> I don't have any experience developing or maintaining packages, but
> maybe I could help somehow?
>
> Best Regards,
> Petras

Re: i686 Arch port

Sfincs
Hi everyone!
I would definitely use Arch on i686! I have it still running on a good 7
years old netbook... Of course I could switch to something else, but I'd
prefer not to, since every other distro I try just strengthens my
preference for Arch.