keep debugging symbols in AUR package

Friedrich Strohmaier
Hi all,

I use to install AUR package fotoxx.
I get some zappcrash message when closing the application an would like to help the author finding the bug.

The author sent adapted source packages to get more debugging information.
I tried change the PKGBUILD's "pkgrel"- variable to generate several packages
containing debugging symbols, but at the end of the build this message looks
suspicous:

..
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
..

What makes packages keep debugging symbols?

Tips?
Keywords for wiki search?

Any hints welcome :o))
Friedrich

Re: keep debugging symbols in AUR package

tur-users mailing list

See PKGBUILD(5). You need to add !strip to the options. Or perhaps a
better way is to use the debug option.

keep debugging symbols in AUR package

Friedrich Strohmaier
Hi Morgan, *,

Am 03.10.2018 um 02:30 schrieb Morgan Adamiec via aur-general:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 at 01:28, Friedrich Strohmaier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

[..]
>> ..
>>   -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
>> ..

>> What makes packages keep debugging symbols?

[..]

> See PKGBUILD(5). You need to add !strip to the options. Or perhaps a
> better way is to use the debug option.

Great help crossing the jungle! :o)

Thanks a lot.
--