Quantcast

libc++/libc++-abi status?

Chase Geigle
Hi,

libc++/libc++-abi are flagged as out of date and are currently orphans in
the community repository. Is there a TU that is interested in maintaining
them, or some plan for adoption in place?

I would be interested in maintaining them in the AUR if there is not
current TU plan and they are dropped to the AUR. FWIW, attached is my
PKGBUILD.

Thanks!

Chase

PKGBUILD (3K) Download Attachment

Stepping down as a TU

Dicebot
Hello,

For a while I have been maintaining packages related to D programming
language, motivated by being involved with the upstream. As the latter
has come to its end I feel it be would appropriate to revoke my TU
access too - I don't think I will have much time for any other package
maintenance outside of D realm.

Best luck and keep rocking!

Re: Stepping down as a TU

tur-users mailing list
On 27.01.2017 12:48, Михаил Страшун wrote:
> For a while I have been maintaining packages related to D programming
> language, motivated by being involved with the upstream. As the latter
> has come to its end I feel it be would appropriate to revoke my TU
> access too - I don't think I will have much time for any other package
> maintenance outside of D realm.
>
> Best luck and keep rocking!

Thanks for everything and good luck with your future endeavours!

I'll handle removal tomorrow.

Florian

Re: Stepping down as a TU

Jelle van der Waa-2
On 01/27/17 at 11:48am, Михаил Страшун wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For a while I have been maintaining packages related to D programming
> language, motivated by being involved with the upstream. As the latter
> has come to its end I feel it be would appropriate to revoke my TU
> access too - I don't think I will have much time for any other package
> maintenance outside of D realm.
>
> Best luck and keep rocking!

Thanks for maintaining D related packages!

--
Jelle van der Waa

Re: Stepping down as a TU

Sven-Hendrik Haase
On 27 January 2017 at 12:48, Михаил Страшун <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For a while I have been maintaining packages related to D programming
> language, motivated by being involved with the upstream. As the latter
> has come to its end I feel it be would appropriate to revoke my TU
> access too - I don't think I will have much time for any other package
> maintenance outside of D realm.
>
> Best luck and keep rocking!

Farewell! Thanks for your maintainership. What will happen to the D stuff now?

Re: Stepping down as a TU

Dicebot
On 01/31/2017 12:37 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> Farewell! Thanks for your maintainership. What will happen to the D stuff now?

Thanks!

Well, either someone else decides to adopt them, or they have to be
moved to AUR. Are there any other options?

Re: Stepping down as a TU

Sven-Hendrik Haase
On 31 January 2017 at 14:02, Михаил Страшун <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 01/31/2017 12:37 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
>> Farewell! Thanks for your maintainership. What will happen to the D stuff now?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Well, either someone else decides to adopt them, or they have to be
> moved to AUR. Are there any other options?

I don't think so. I was just curious whether you had something
planned. Is there anyone else interest in maintainership of the D
packages?

Re: Stepping down as a TU

Antonio Rojas-2

>> Well, either someone else decides to adopt them, or they have to be
>> moved to AUR. Are there any other options?
>>

> I don't think so. I was just curious whether you had something
> planned. Is there anyone else interest in maintainership of the D
> packages?

It would be great if we could bring in someone to take care of D
 packages. I need at least one compiler for appstream-generator,
 but I wouldn't touch a D compiler package myself with a 10 foot
 pole.

Re: Stepping down as a TU

Dicebot
On 01/31/2017 04:21 PM, Antonio Rojas wrote:

>>> Well, either someone else decides to adopt them, or they have to be
>>> moved to AUR. Are there any other options?
>>>

>> I don't think so. I was just curious whether you had something
>> planned. Is there anyone else interest in maintainership of the D
>> packages?
>>

> It would be great if we could bring in someone to take care of D
>  packages. I need at least one compiler for appstream-generator,
>  but I wouldn't touch a D compiler package myself with a 10 foot
>  pole.
I have created call for arms announcement in D forums
(http://forum.dlang.org/post/o6sldo$1pad$1@...), will see if
there is anyone interested.

Re: libc++/libc++-abi status?

Evangelos Foutras-2
On 27/01/17 09:24, Chase Geigle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> libc++/libc++-abi are flagged as out of date and are currently orphans in
> the community repository. Is there a TU that is interested in maintaining
> them, or some plan for adoption in place?
>
> I would be interested in maintaining them in the AUR if there is not
> current TU plan and they are dropped to the AUR. FWIW, attached is my
> PKGBUILD.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chase

I have removed the packages from [community]; please submit your version
to the AUR.