linux-4.13: CONFIG_SPI removed?

arch general mailing list-2
I'm using a MacBookPro from late 2016, which features a keyboard and
touchpad that are attached via SPI (spi_pxa2xx_platform), using the
driver from [0].

It seems that with the upgrade to kernel 4.13. CONFIG_SPI has been removed [1].

Any idea what was the motivation behind this change? Was it intentional?

I'm totally capable of compiling my own kernel, but I'd rather spend
my time on other things :)

Could we have CONFIG_SPI back in the stock kernel?

[0] https://github.com/cb22/macbook12-spi-driver
[1] https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/linux&id=7648ebf0fa9b0190aa26a11acd46ac31f0593b69
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3

Re: linux-4.13: CONFIG_SPI removed?

Jelle van der Waa-2
On 10/05/17 at 01:02pm, Christoph Gysin via arch-general wrote:

> I'm using a MacBookPro from late 2016, which features a keyboard and
> touchpad that are attached via SPI (spi_pxa2xx_platform), using the
> driver from [0].
>
> It seems that with the upgrade to kernel 4.13. CONFIG_SPI has been removed [1].
>
> Any idea what was the motivation behind this change? Was it intentional?
>
> I'm totally capable of compiling my own kernel, but I'd rather spend
> my time on other things :)
>
> Could we have CONFIG_SPI back in the stock kernel?
Please report this on the bug tracker if not already done.

--
Jelle van der Waa