mandb - numerous parse failures on run (parallel, fribidi, numactl, pcre2, netpbm, etc..)

mandb - numerous parse failures on run (parallel, fribidi, numactl, pcre2, netpbm, etc..)

David C. Rankin
All,

  Working though the cleaning from the crash during 4.15.8 update, I came
across a number of man page problems which I thought were limited to the box
that crashed -- however, checking, they affect all my Arch boxes.

  mandb will ultimately clean them, but I'm curious, is it just me, or does
this affect the distro in general. All my boxes are initial install 2016 or
earlier. Running

  # mandb --test

will disclose the errors, running mandb alone seems to fix them. In addition
to those listed in the title, the following are also showing errors:

  emacs, gnuplot, inkscape, mjpegtools, cyrus-sasl and several others

  Is this just something that is expected over time?

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Re: mandb - numerous parse failures on run (parallel, fribidi, numactl, pcre2, netpbm, etc..)

David C. Rankin
On 03/14/2018 06:55 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Is this just something that is expected over time?

I think the short answer is that the man-db service is not enabled by default.
Sorry for the noise here.

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Re: mandb - numerous parse failures on run (parallel, fribidi, numactl, pcre2, netpbm, etc..)

arch general mailing list-2
On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 07:37:30PM -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 03/14/2018 06:55 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> > Is this just something that is expected over time?
>
> I think the short answer is that the man-db service is not enabled by default.
> Sorry for the noise here.

man-db.service is triggered by man-db.timer which should be enabled on your
system by default...

Leonid Isaev