mouse freezes when switching between X sessions

mouse freezes when switching between X sessions

arch general mailing list-2
If I have two X sessions running on different accounts and I switch
between them (ctrl-alt-f1  ctrl-alt-f2) a few times. I usually get a
frozen mouse in one of the two X sessions. I then must shutdown that X
session and run it again (startx) to get my mouse working again in
that account.

Any ideas how to diagnose the issue, much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: mouse freezes when switching between X sessions

arch general mailing list-2
Does it also happen if you run one X session and a Wayland session?

On 10/18/17, Robert Arkiletian via arch-general
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I have two X sessions running on different accounts and I switch
> between them (ctrl-alt-f1  ctrl-alt-f2) a few times. I usually get a
> frozen mouse in one of the two X sessions. I then must shutdown that X
> session and run it again (startx) to get my mouse working again in
> that account.
>
> Any ideas how to diagnose the issue, much appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Re: mouse freezes when switching between X sessions

arch general mailing list-2
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Carsten Mattner
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does it also happen if you run one X session and a Wayland session?

I'm using xfce. I haven't tried using Wayland yet. I will try to run
an X session and Wayland (with gnome desktop) concurrently but I would
like some insight how to diagnose the mouse freezing issue with two X
sessions.

Re: mouse freezes when switching between X sessions

Giancarlo Razzolini-2
Em outubro 18, 2017 18:59 Robert Arkiletian via arch-general escreveu:

> I'm using xfce. I haven't tried using Wayland yet. I will try to run
> an X session and Wayland (with gnome desktop) concurrently but I would
> like some insight how to diagnose the mouse freezing issue with two X
> sessions.

Are you using libinput or evdev? You mentioned two user accounts, I had
some issues with logind being able to recognize my yubikey in the past,
when moving between different sessions on the same machine.

Check xinput list output between the sessions. Check the journal as well,
specially for your user instance messages. Hope this give you some ideas
where to start.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini